Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellen Confirmed as Fed Chair

Senate confirms Yellen as Fed Chair

I still remember her. She was indirectly responsible for my getting an A in the core PhD Macroeconomics course. Congratulations to her. She IMO was most deserving of this honor and responsibility.

Re: Yellen Confirmed as Fed Chair

well i guess thats at least as good of a vouch as Mr J's observation awhile back that she reminds him of his maternal grandmother, eh Raj?

also guess that we'll be seeing her first 'little test' here perty quick...

Comment

Love the picture that accompanied this article
      http://www.streetinsider.com/Fed/Fed...s/8894371.html

Comment

yeah - and eyeballin it once again, am glad that i'd just finished my 2nd cup o joe

;)

Originally posted by Jam View Post
        Love the picture that accompanied this article
        http://www.streetinsider.com/Fed/Fed...s/8894371.html

Comment

I would also like to remind everyone that Yellen is married to George Akerlof - who wrote the book on control fraud. Let us see how much of her husband's thinking creeps into Fed policy - Maybe Bill Black has an ally at the Fed.

As regards Mike Whitney's prediction, the problem is that the Fed and the Treasury and Congress have to work hand in Glove - but at least one of the three is totally dysfunctional at the moment

Comment

It wouldn’t be a pretty situation for poor Ms. Janet Yellen, but nobody forced her to take the job, and she’s had the look all along of a chump, the perfect sucker to be left holding a big honking bag of flop.
            Jim Kunstler's take on the new "man".

Comment

She is a very savvy and intelligent woman. She did a marvelous job at her hearing. As I said "she was indirectly responsible for my getting an A in the core PhD Macro course." Without it, I would have gotten a B and would have had to leave the program. To me that was an example of her political savvy. My own gut feeling is that she will do much better than old Ben. However, for her to be successful, at the very least, the T would have to play along.

Comment

Originally posted by lektrode View Post
                yeah - and eyeballin it once again, am glad that i'd just finished my 2nd cup o joe

;)
                When I met her at a Boston Economics Club meeting at the Boston Fed June 2012, as she looked up at me while we spoke I have to admit I was briefly reminded of conversations with my grandmother.

It's worth reviewing the presentation she gave us. It will be interesting to see how markets interpret the rate hike policy models presented then.

If the Fed under her leadership returns to policy-based decisions then it's either rate hikes this year per the Balanced-approach rule or in 2015 per Optimal control.

This will be discussed in the article scheduled to be published Monday Jan. 13.

Comment

Good things come to those who wait. Looking forward to your article, EJ.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
                    Good things come to those who wait. Looking forward to your article, EJ.
                    yep, +1
                    and - 'good things come in small packages' - lets hope ms yellen's stature/acumen/results = mr volcker's

Comment

Originally posted by Rajiv View Post
                      She is a very savvy and intelligent woman. ....However, for her to be successful, at the very least, the T would have to play along.
                      and THEN theres the C
                      and where stuff starts gettin dicey...

Comment

;)
                        My Broker using a proprietary formula says that the next Fed chair will be 4' 10".

Comment

yep, +1
                          and - 'good things come in small packages' - lets hope ms yellen's stature/acumen/results = mr volcker's
                          I've met all three, Volcker in NYC and Bernanke and Yellen in Boston. The picture of relative diminutive stature is appropriate. Volcker is a giant. He towers over you. Shaking his hand you feel like a child shaking hands with an adult and I'm not small. Bernake's hand was soft and his handshake nervous and tentative, like his speeches. I get the impression that he, unlike Greenspan whom I've not met, can't wait to get out of the public eye. I made no motion to shake Yellen's hand as the eye contact did not invite it. She'd just given this presentation that, as it turns out, was a job interview for the next Fed chair. Job interview with whom, is the question.

Comment

Does the President really choose the Fed Chairperson? Do the ranking politicians who may run for President even know how critical the job holder's performance can be to his/her success? Or will the next President's handlers manage the affair?

I hope Ms. Yellen is good at her job...it will be better for us all if she is.

Comment

PC Roberts: "it blows the mind"

"This is not normal. What will they do next? I don’t know.”

Comment

Working...
                              X