Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got gold in bullionvault/goldmoney/viamat? Time to look elsewhere.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got gold in bullionvault/goldmoney/viamat? Time to look elsewhere.

He wants you to store gold with his buddies. Run! Run! Gold Money bad. BV bad! Buy from me instead!

Comment

Originally posted by santafe2 View Post
      We're all small fry but it's important to understand that there's no vast conspiracy. It's just a lot of earnest, and often bumbling folks trying to land this over loaded beacon of freedom we call the US without crashing and burning. Our best years are not ahead but I don't think it means the folks at the wheel are evil. They are simply at the helm of an impossible mission. I don't like PM as an investment but it certainly will remain a store of value. It doesn't matter if one holds it in the US and has to pay the collectibles tax rate or holds it outside the US as a citizen. The 21st Century is a time to be cautious.

Can you, just for the record, tell us what sequence of events would correspond to a conspiracy? How can we tell if the people at the wheel are evil? What is the tip off? Since, it seems, crushing peaceful demonstrations, passing laws that permit seizing everything from private gold holdings to kitchen gardens, and fascistic government agencies that seem to act above the law don't do it for you. Please lay out for us what would constitute a coordinated plan to deprive you of your money and the liberty to move somewhere else? Take as much time as you need I will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by verdo View Post
        At times like these, it feels good to be Canadian
        Freezing? ;-)

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by globaleconomicollaps View Post
          Can you, just for the record, tell us what sequence of events would correspond to a conspiracy? How can we tell if the people at the wheel are evil? What is the tip off? Since, it seems, crushing peaceful demonstrations, passing laws that permit seizing everything from private gold holdings to kitchen gardens, and fascistic government agencies that seem to act above the law don't do it for you. Please lay out for us what would constitute a coordinated plan to deprive you of your money and the liberty to move somewhere else? Take as much time as you need I will wait.
          Attempting to convince a conspiracy theorist there is no conspiracy is a fools errand.

Comment

Attempting to convince a conspiracy theorist there is no conspiracy is a fools errand.
            Yes it seems that some people are indeed impervious to new and obvious evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by lektrode View Post
              whoa, huh?

mr coles put this one up just awhile ago, over at finster's place

again - why am i gettin the vibe that we're approaching a 'tsunami' moment?
              (when the water recedes....)
              In point of fact, I did not look to see if anyone else had already posted this.

The underlying legal changes have been widely discussed a long time ago when the changes to the law were first mooted and it was then regarded by many as a VERY negative change that would, in due course, stop a lot of investment into assets external to the US.

There were those that did indeed suggest that this would collapse interest in investment using the $US.

Time will tell if they were right to say so.

Comment

Yes it seems that some people are indeed impervious to new and obvious evidence.
                You prove my point, thank you. We'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

good line from jesse a couple of days ago re your conspiracy theory argument:

"I should add the significant caveat that incompetence, careerism, and corruption explain all the same things, much more simply, and with a certain experiential credibility. I hate to attribute to Machiavellian intent what can be attributed to unprincipled self-serving stupidity."

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                    good line from jesse a couple of days ago re your conspiracy theory argument:

"I should add the significant caveat that incompetence, careerism, and corruption explain all the same things, much more simply, and with a certain experiential credibility. I hate to attribute to Machiavellian intent what can be attributed to unprincipled self-serving stupidity
                    Since SantaFe seems to have lost interest in defending his position, maybe you want to take up the banner. I subscribe to a conspiracy theory. It goes like this:
                    The sitting president of the USA invented a story about the government of Iraq having nuclear weapons in order to justify a war of aggression against them.

Lots of people still cling to this one. I met a lady the other day who insisted that Saddam Husein was in cahoots with Bin Laden ( making nuclear bombs).

What do you say?

Comment

It depends upon what constitutes a conspiracy. Regardless, I think jk's quote from Jesse is the most apt to describe these things.

Comment

Since SantaFe seems to have lost interest in defending his position, maybe you want to take up the banner. I subscribe to a conspiracy theory. It goes like this:
                        The sitting president of the USA invented a story about the government of Iraq having nuclear weapons in order to justify a war of aggression against them.

Lots of people still cling to this one. I met a lady the other day who insisted that Saddam Husein was in cahoots with Bin Laden ( making nuclear bombs).

What do you say?
                        i think bad intelligence re weapons of mass destruction [chem/bio,not nuclear] was promulgated and received with delight by the bush administration, which deliberately encouraged people to be confused about a non-existent iraqi role in 9/11.

i am, as you are, horrified by the treatment of the ows protesters around the country, as well as the laws restricting habeus corpus, allowing for the extra-judicial execution of american citizens, etc. i see this country slowly sliding towards authoritarianism, just as it is becoming a self-organizing oligarchy. but i see these phenomena as emergent system effects, not the result of a small cabal in a smoke filled room somewhere.

unfortunately, being a system effect makes it even harder to change than if it were merely a conspiracy.

Comment

What do you say?
                          You think the then sitting President of the United States invented a story all by himself? Lee Harvey Oswald may have acted alone but I seriously doubt the sitting President did that all by his lonesome...

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
                            You think the then sitting President of the United States invented a story all by himself? Lee Harvey Oswald may have acted alone but I seriously doubt the sitting President did that all by his lonesome...
                            Hear! Hear! Another good example would be the Pentagon Papers. Military and Political leaders misled the public on a massive scale about the reasons for the Vietnam war, the chance of a favorable outcome, and actual operations of the war.

The PP was 700 pages long, so I think quite a few people were in on the secret.

Back to Bush, O'neill resigned partly because of the deception over Iraq. They were discussing very early how to attack Iraq, long before 9-11 "justified" it .

Comment

What do you say?
                              There is no position to defend. You are a conspiracy theorist. You don't require fact only belief. It's religion for you. You subscribe to it. You believe in it. That's fine but thought cannot overcome belief. It doesn't respect belief but it never argues with it.

Comment

There is no position to defend. You are a conspiracy theorist. You don't require fact only belief. It's religion for you. You subscribe to it. You believe in it. That's fine but thought cannot overcome belief. It doesn't respect belief but it never argues with it.
                                One of us is acting irrationally. I will let the public decide which it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X