Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economic Crisis Avoidance Deus ex Machina - Part I: Active Asset Price Inflation - Eric Janszen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Economic Crisis Avoidance Deus ex Machina - Part I: Active Asset Price Inflation - Eric Janszen

the fed will print by buying treasuries to support expansive fiscal policy financed by huge and growing deficits. the federal gov't will spend the money into existence via social security checks, medicare and medicaid payments, defense contracts, interest payments on previously issued debt.

see for reference the past 10 years at the boj. we are 10 years behind japan but very much on the same trajectory.

Comment

• Re: EJ’s Secret Message

Welcome to the anti-libertarian people's paridise:

This was her last post of 2018 before the censorship law too effect:

"Nguyen Phuong Linh@linhpnguyen Dec 31

Happy New Year! Vietnam’s cybersecurity law will take effect on Jan 1 meaning I’m not allowed to say anything online that is not inline w the communist party’s ideology. So from now on, you will only see me tweet selfies"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvyOAxJUYAAPo4I.jpg

From her Twitter account

https://twitter.com/linhpnguyen?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
        Welcome to the anti-libertarian people's paridise:

This was her last post of 2018 before the censorship law too effect:

"Nguyen Phuong Linh@linhpnguyen Dec 31

Happy New Year! Vietnam’s cybersecurity law will take effect on Jan 1 meaning I’m not allowed to say anything online that is not inline w the communist party’s ideology. So from now on, you will only see me tweet selfies"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvyOAxJUYAAPo4I.jpg

From her Twitter account

https://twitter.com/linhpnguyen?lang=en
        What you have done here is not an argument.

The majority of Americans arguably have a lower quality of life than most Vietnamese. Their social connections are limited exclusively to the internet (hence, why you find this most egregious). But they are alone. Most do not know their neighbors' names. They do not have even casual connections to extended family, and the "nuclear family" - a propaganda exercise in and of itself has fractured beyond belief with rampant divorce and dysfunctional children engaged in all manner of depravity. The majority of Americans do not have jobs that pay in real terms any better than those in Vietnam, and in many cases pay far less when you factor in the necessity of an automobile virtually everywhere. Most Americans die alone, forgotten by all who knew them.

And let us not forget how the American, capitalist owned media/propaganda apparatus operates. I personally have had my good name tarnished in the international press due to defamatory lies by a political adversary. Trust me, being censored directly is far preferable than having page after page of google results repeating the same defamation.

You're not free.

Comment

• Re: Economic Crisis Avoidance Deus ex Machina - Part I: Active Asset Price Inflation - Eric Janszen

Originally posted by jk View Post
          the fed will print by buying treasuries to support expansive fiscal policy financed by huge and growing deficits. the federal gov't will spend the money into existence via social security checks, medicare and medicaid payments, defense contracts, interest payments on previously issued debt.

see for reference the past 10 years at the boj. we are 10 years behind japan but very much on the same trajectory.
          You don't seem to understand what the "national debt" is. This is a typical libertarian misunderstanding. You believe the United States - the most powerful nation in the history of mankind - needs to borrow money that only it has the exclusive right to create. You believe the United States operates like your household, and if expenses exceed your income, it's time to bring out the credit card.

That is incorrect. National Debt is how we account for foreign exchange reserves. The United States of America has an enormous debt because for a generation, the vast majority of foreign exchanges have been settled in United States Dollars. National debt is primarily held by foreign central banks or international commercial banks that facilitate "globalism".

There will indeed be monetary expansion, but you are incorrect about the spending. As I mentioned in another post, Eric Janszen is right. Infrastructure spending will be the preferred method, but national debt will in time be exchange with Bancors. The actual method will be no different than the formation of the Eurozone. The difference is currency unit itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Keynes View Post
            You don't seem to understand what the "national debt" is. This is a typical libertarian misunderstanding. You believe the United States - the most powerful nation in the history of mankind - needs to borrow money that only it has the exclusive right to create. You believe the United States operates like your household, and if expenses exceed your income, it's time to bring out the credit card.
            My goodness, you sure do manage to strike a pretty arrogant and dismissive tone.
            I've been reading jk's comments for more than 10 years and find no serious holes in his basic understanding of economics or finance.
            It's unlikely you have any factual basis for knowing what he might "...believe..."

You seem to have some interesting ideas, and seem enthusiastic about discussing them, but it's hard to get past your confrontational approach and focus on your topics.

Comment

Originally posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
              My goodness, you sure do manage to strike a pretty arrogant and dismissive tone.
              I've been reading jk's comments for more than 10 years and find no serious holes in his basic understanding of economics or finance.
              It's unlikely you have any factual basis for knowing what he might "...believe..."

You seem to have some interesting ideas, and seem enthusiastic about discussing them, but it's hard to get past your confrontational approach and focus on your topics.
              Point taken. My apologies.

I did log in to post this:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ateral-system/

Breitbart is obviously trash, but even the Pope is advocating a multilateral exchange rate system, which is only clear when you realize the United Nations was created specifically to operate such a system. The signs are all around us, if you look closely enough.

Comment

as eric janszen has said many times on this site: we're not in the what should happen business; we're in the what's likely to happen business.
                btw, why do so many countries persist in this madness:
                https://twitter.com/i/status/1082283237689434112

and btw, invest 20-30 min in googling the information behind the questions i posed you, lk, about foreign cb's ceasing their net acquisition of u.s. treasury instruments roughly q4 2013, and the many cb's which started accumulating more gold over the last 5 years, also the emergence of the petroyuan, the chinese oil deals with russia and nigeria to purchase oil in yuan, and recent deal with the saudi's with payment terms undisclosed, the weaponization of the dollar via control of the swift settlement system and the various responses to that, the increasing number of bilateral trade deals in which countries agree to trade in each other's currencies instead of dollars, the volumes of physical gold moved in shangai vs on the comex.

as the cb's ceased purchasing net treasury instruments private buyers had to be found or forced to do so- thus first regulations on money market funds forced treasury purchases, then regulations on banks forced treasury purchases. next step: perhaps pension plans will be required to have some percentage of their assets in treasuries, for their own good of course. eventually, the fed "buys" them, and hands the coupon payments back to the treasury. just like the boj.

we have come to the reductio ad absurdum that triffin foresaw. the chinese and europeans see it too, and have no desire to have their currencies replace the dollar as THE global reserve asset. so there will be several assets, and possibly the sdr or a modified sdr [you can call it a "bancor" if that pleases you] or just gold at a floating rate used to settle international trade balances. but the u.n.?? come on! get serious. you're more grown up than that.

Comment

Point taken. My apologies...
                  No apology required. Good to have a new voice around here.

Comment

Point taken. My apologies.

I did log in to post this:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ateral-system/

Breitbart is obviously trash, but even the Pope is advocating a multilateral exchange rate system, which is only clear when you realize the United Nations was created specifically to operate such a system. The signs are all around us, if you look closely enough.
                    Breitbart is so trash that I scan the whole article as Know Nothing garbage rallying up hate to kill a few more Catholics down at the border by plugging the Pope into the same 'globalist conspiracy' they plug the Jews into. I mean, it's obvious that a city state in the middle of Rome full of people from all over the world who still use Latin as an official language so as to minimally understand one another, and which elects leaders from outside by centuries-old tradition, would probably not be the most 'nationalist' country out there. But no speech the Pope gives is secret. There's no need to read cherry picked excerpts pulled from translations of translations and funneled through the Bannon-Mercer hate machine. Resurgent nationalism is posing political risks to Europe. That much seems like a plain fact. There is a migrant crisis in the DRC, just as economic crisis is hitting Venezuela, etc. The later bit about the danger of nuclear weapons etc. is a common Papal refrain, irrespective of who holds the office. But for what it's worth, there's nothing here that caught my ear that suggested the Pope was advocating for the end of the dollar's reserve status or outlining a plan for a new post-Breton Woods monetary regime, or anything of that sort. I mean, this is literally what my screen looks like after scrolling down on that link, God help us.

Comment

The majority of Americans arguably have a lower quality of life than most Vietnamese. Their social connections are limited exclusively to the internet (hence, why you find this most egregious). But they are alone. Most do not know their neighbors' names. They do not have even casual connections to extended family, and the "nuclear family" - a propaganda exercise in and of itself has fractured beyond belief with rampant divorce and dysfunctional children engaged in all manner of depravity. The majority of Americans do not have jobs that pay in real terms any better than those in Vietnam, and in many cases pay far less when you factor in the necessity of an automobile virtually everywhere. Most Americans die alone, forgotten by all who knew them.

And let us not forget how the American, capitalist owned media/propaganda apparatus operates. I personally have had my good name tarnished in the international press due to defamatory lies by a political adversary. Trust me, being censored directly is far preferable than having page after page of google results repeating the same defamation.

You're not free.
                      Is this a parody account?

Comment

Originally posted by dcarrigg View Post
                        But for what it's worth, there's nothing here that caught my ear that suggested the Pope was advocating for the end of the dollar's reserve status or outlining a plan for a new post-Breton Woods monetary regime, or anything of that sort. I mean, this is literally what my screen looks like after scrolling down on that link, God help us.
                        Breitbart is an effective propaganda tool however. It IS relevant, but not as a news source.

What do you think the term "multi-lateral" means?

My more expanded opinion, which I referenced with the independence of Catalonia, is "nationalism" will be sold to the masses as the solution to the never ending global financial crisis. Many voices represent different sides to this propaganda effort (The Brazilian Prez and many other Trumpists are popping up all over the world).

I see the term "multilateral" used all the time, specifically as a reference to opposition to US hegemony. Do you think it means something else?

While I would very much like for this transition to happen transparently within the UN political structures already in place, things are never quite what they seem. Hence, why I look for alternative meanings in obvious propaganda pieces.

Propaganda today is intensive. Simply look at how the Prez has shut down the government to build a border wall. It takes very little research to note that 90% of all illegal immigrants arrive by aeroplane and overstay visas. Building the wall will have negligible impact on illegal immigration, yet it is prioritized. Even if it is 100% effective, is the price worth a 10% reduction in illegal immigration? And by cost, I mean the physical cost as well as the political cost.

Comment

Originally posted by DSpencer View Post
                          i considered that, or that he is a troll. my current theory is that he's just young: somewhat naive and arrogant at having learned a little something [not enough] - curable conditions of the young. i remember when poz first joined, he came across a little like that at the beginning.

btw all, re treasuries:

3Y Auction: Lowest bid to cover since 2009

Comment

Originally posted by DSpencer View Post
                            ZH commenters are more civil and respectful. I guess the username Lord_Arrogant_and_Condescending was already taken.

Comment

You're not free.
                              While it was 18 years ago that my particular journey within the US started, over three years I spent almost all my time traveling within; attending many wireless industry conferences and other meeting from Chicago, to San Diego , Boston to Florida; was in DC on Sept 11th 2001, as I had an office not far from the White House in Connecticut Avenue NW. Over that time I met with and sometimes stayed with families, gosh! even fell in Love, but that is another matter. The picture you paint is entirely your own and it does not parallel my personal experience in any shape or form.

You tell us you are a Marxist, yet here you call yourself a Lord, which seems a very strange combination. I am sorry that you seem to have others, outside, before you arrived here, making inconsiderate comments against you; but as many here already know, that is par for course in today's world. And no; we are free. Freedom, or otherwise, is a state of mind. Those that are free will no doubt find it very difficult to knuckle under an illusion; that we need a superior mind to show us the way forward. We have learned the hard way to find our own individual paths forward. That is the strength of this small community.

Welcome to iTulip.

Comment

Breitbart is an effective propaganda tool however. It IS relevant, but not as a news source.

What do you think the term "multi-lateral" means?

My more expanded opinion, which I referenced with the independence of Catalonia, is "nationalism" will be sold to the masses as the solution to the never ending global financial crisis. Many voices represent different sides to this propaganda effort (The Brazilian Prez and many other Trumpists are popping up all over the world).

I see the term "multilateral" used all the time, specifically as a reference to opposition to US hegemony. Do you think it means something else?

While I would very much like for this transition to happen transparently within the UN political structures already in place, things are never quite what they seem. Hence, why I look for alternative meanings in obvious propaganda pieces.

Propaganda today is intensive. Simply look at how the Prez has shut down the government to build a border wall. It takes very little research to note that 90% of all illegal immigrants arrive by aeroplane and overstay visas. Building the wall will have negligible impact on illegal immigration, yet it is prioritized. Even if it is 100% effective, is the price worth a 10% reduction in illegal immigration? And by cost, I mean the physical cost as well as the political cost.
                                The word 'multilateral' appears but once in the entire speech, in the context of praising mutual guarantees for national independence and territorial integrity. There are a lot of things for which to reasonably justifiably criticize the Vatican. But I don't think that Pope Francis is advocating anything new or out of the ordinary here. I do think Breitbart is desperately trying to spin it as such, considering their article used a word six times that appeared but once in an hour-long speech.

Originally posted by Papa Francisco
                                Da ciò deriva il secondo monito: la pace si consolida quando le Nazioni possono confrontarsi in un clima di parità. Lo intuì un secolo fa – proprio in questa data – l’allora Presidente statunitense Thomas Woodrow Wilson, allorché propose l’istituzione di una associazione generale delle Nazioni intesa a promuovere per tutti gli Stati, grandi e piccoli indistintamente, mutue garanzie d’indipendenza e di integrità territoriale. Si gettarono così idealmente le basi di quella diplomazia multilaterale, che è andata acquisendo nel corso degli anni un ruolo e un’influenza crescente in seno all’intera Comunità internazionale.

Comment

Working...
                                X