Podcast: Rick Ackerman and Eric Janszen debate deflation and inflation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcast: Rick Ackerman and Eric Janszen debate deflation and inflation

We recorded the Rick Ackerman and Eric Janszen debate yesterday. We will edit it and post it soon, probably the week after next. First we need to edit and post two interviews conducted previously. The list of upcoming podcasts in order of appearance:

1) Jim Finkel, CEO, Dynamic Credit Partners (30 min.)

Dynamic compiles collateralized debt obligation (CDO) packages for investors, specializing in bond portfolios (CBOs) and hedge funds. Mr. Finkel explains what the current market for CDOs is telling us about the housing marekt. Eric Janszen writes a companion piece that gives the iTulip WIM – what it means.

2) Dr. Michael Hudson (30 min.)

Dr. Hudson discusses "Saving, Asset-Price Inflation, and Debt-Induced Deflation," where the Finance Economy is headed, and what the iTulip community can and can't do to prepare for change.

3) Rick Ackerman and Eric Janszen

Eric Janszen believes that the housing bubble will continues to drag on the U.S. economy, which is vulnerable to a debt deflation due to an excess of private and public sector debt left over from repeated reflations over the past several decades. U.S. economy will experience another period of industrial economy disinflation, asset deflation, followed by government reflation of assets, followed by inflation in the industrial economy. Rick expects an uncontrolled debt deflation, accompanied by a decline in the all-goods price level.
    Ed.

Re: Podcast: Rick Ackerman and Eric Janszen debate deflation and inflation

You don't mind if I stick my hunting knife into your rib cage and twist it, do you?

What ever happened to the interview with the banker for whom we submitted questions to compete for the gold coin?

Of course, I'm just joshing, I continue to seriously appreciate this web-site and all those working to make it worthwhile.
    Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Re: Podcast: Rick Ackerman and Eric Janszen debate deflation and inflation

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson
      You don't mind if I stick my hunting knife into your rib cage and twist it, do you?

What ever happened to the interview with the banker for whom we submitted questions to compete for the gold coin?

Of course, I'm just joshing, I continue to seriously appreciate this web-site and all those working to make it worthwhile.
      We're going to re-do the Martin Mayer interview. Knowing what we know now, it'll be a lot more interesting.

Here's a draft of the as yet un-approved interview with Finkel. Comments?

http://www.itulip.com/audio/Finkel2SM2.wav
      Ed.

Comment

Working...
      X