X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of U.S. at War

Ed.

Re: History of U.S. at War

Interesting visual summary. Color me a non-interventionist (not to be confused with isolationist) libertarian United States citizen when it comes to my nation's belicose proclivities and one who disagrees with most of recent history non-formally declared "police actions", so-called "wars", etc. Aside from the ignored Constitutional considerations where only the Congress has power to declare war, and the President being the Commander In Chief only "... when called into the actual Service of the United States ..." (See Article II, Section II, Clause 1), is the stupifyingly horrendous cost in blood, sweat and bonar$ for these adventures. Add insult to injury when that cost is racked up on the Fed.gov credit card(s).

So when I hear that one of the reasons I should be content with the anemic wage growth (shrinkage actually) over the last years is that American workers have to be "competitive" with workers in the rest of the world, I ask why it is that I'm also expected to fund my government run amok when it certainly isn't "competitive" with those governments in the rest of the world? I mean, who else is spending trillions in the role as World Cop or has some 780+ military bases scattered about in far flung places of the world? Via credit no less.

In the end, the impossibility of getting the rest of the planet to see it "our way" by sticking guns in their faces but refusing to do it any other way will bankrupt us all.

Comment

Working...
    X