Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leap2020 open letter to London G20 Summit: Last chance before global geopolitical dislocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leap2020 open letter to London G20 Summit: Last chance before global geopolitical dislocation

(published in the Financial Times they say, but I couldn't find it there.)

London G20 Summit: Last chance before global geopolitical dislocation
    http://www.leap2020.eu/London-G20-Su...ion_a3010.html

" . . .
    This crisis is getting more and more dangerous. Recently, in the 32nd edition of its Bulletin, LEAP/E2020 raised an alarm of direct concern to you, the leaders of the G20. If, when gathered in London next April 2nd, you are not able to adopt a number of bold and innovative decisions, focused on the essential issues and problems, and to initiate them by summer 2009, then the crisis will entail a « general geopolitical dislocation » by the end of the year, affecting the international system as well as the very structure of large political entities such as the United States, Russia, China or the EU. Any chance for you to control the fate of the 6 billion inhabitants of the world will then be over.
    . . . "
    Justice is the cornerstone of the world

Re: Leap2020 open letter to London G20 Summit: Last chance before global geopolitical dislocation

Cobben - they are a little flamboyant. But their macro call has not been too far off in the past year, has it?

Comment

Re: Leap2020 open letter to London G20 Summit: Last chance before global geopolitical dislocation

Maybe it's an ad like the gata one in the wsj, but I don't know how to do that in the world edition of the ft.

And it doesn't look like the US wants to give up the reserve currency

Making the world work again
      The G-20 summit could help launch a new kind of global economic cooperation.
      By Barack Obama
      March 24, 2009

My message is clear: The United States is ready to lead, and we call on our partners to join us with a sense of urgency and common purpose. Much good work has been done, but much more remains. Our leadership is grounded in a simple premise: We will act boldly to lift the American economy out of crisis and reform our regulatory structure, and these actions will be strengthened by complementary action abroad. Through our example, the United States can promote a global recovery and build confidence around the world; and if the London summit helps galvanize collective action, we can forge a secure recovery, and future crises can be averted.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,4235813.story
      Last edited by D-Mack; March 24, 2009, 02:20 PM. Reason: adding article

Comment

"they are a little flamboyant"

They are French. :cool:

They have been generally right but often early before is my impression, now I haven't taken the trouble to follow up all of their past calls to check.

They do not provide anywhere near the amount of detailed analysis that iTulip does, I read them primarily because they have been mostly right and because of their European perspective.
        Justice is the cornerstone of the world

Comment

Originally posted by D-Mack View Post
          And it doesn't look like the US wants to give up the reserve currency
          :eek: :eek: :eek: Whaddaya mean we don't wish to give up the reserve currency?? The USA always does the right thing! We always take the high ethical road, believing that it is best to lead the rest of the world by example! :rolleyes: This kind of slur upon our national integrity is just uncalled for! :p

Comment

http://kpfa.org/archive/id/49464

http://aud1.kpfa.org/data/20090325-Wed1300.mp3

Guns and Butter

"The World at Crossroads" with Franck Biancheri, Research Coordinator of LEAP/E2020's GlobalEurope Anticipation Bulletin. We discuss Franck Biancheri's open letter to the G20, "Last Chance Before Global Geopolitical Dislocation", which advocates for three strategic recommendations: 1) the creation of a new international reserve currency, 2) the control of banks on a global scale, and 3) an independent assessment of the three national financial systems at the heart of the current financial crisis - the United States, United Kingdom and Switzerland. If radical action is not taken within six months, it is anticipated that the opportunity to shorten the crisis to a 3 to 5 year duration will no longer be possible, and the world (particularly the U.S.) will be in for a very harsh geopolitical dislocation lasting for a decade or more.

I haven't listend to it yet, but some Americans complain in the comments about his accent.

I had no problem understanding him the last time.

Comment

I haven't listend to it yet, but some Americans complain in the comments about his accent.
              :p :p :p Hhhrrrgghh!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
                :p :p :p Hhhrrrgghh!
                It could be worse, I'm glad he isn't from Scotland

(32 seconds)

Comment

I had a Korean friend who had travelled the world on business. He reckoned the only place he couldn't understand English was London.

Comment

D-Mack -

Nifty. Can you provide the link? I want to send this to a friend in London.

It could be worse, I'm glad he isn't from Scotland

(32 seconds)

Comment

Yeah well, you Australians are the worst of the lot. Bloody incomprehensible cavemen. And yes Outback - I'm going to be sending you **the radioactive list** this weekend mate, so git orf moy back.

Originally posted by The Outback Oracle View Post
                      I had a Korean friend who had travelled the world on business. He reckoned the only place he couldn't understand English was London.

Comment

yeh, published in the ft. right.

itulip... briefly... resold this crud. glad they dropped it.

here's your leap2020 think tank...

Comment

Always ready with the contemptuous dismissals. Another Metalman trademark dismissive opinion deposited. I'm not a huge LEAP 2020 fan, and frankly Biancheri even irks me a little bit with a hint of smugness - but I'm even less a fan of this sort of contemptuous dismissiveness. LEAP 2020 may have flaws, but a decent amount of their research is factual to merit better than this sort of throw away comment.

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                          yeh, published in the ft. right.

itulip... briefly... resold this crud. glad they dropped it.

here's your leap2020 think tank...

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
                            Always ready with the contemptuous dismissals. Another Metalman trademark dismissive opinion deposited. I'm not a huge LEAP 2020 fan, and frankly Biancheri even irks me a little bit with a hint of smugness - but I'm even less a fan of this sort of contemptuous dismissiveness. LEAP 2020 may have flaws, but a decent amount of their research is factual to merit better than this sort of throw away comment.
                            relax... luke. there's more lefty french capitalism bashers where they came from. as our last great leader once said... those french don't even have a word for 'entrepreneur'.

Comment

i subscribed to leap2020 for a year, thinking that a eurocentric view might provide some added perspective. i didn't renew. their predictions were always overdramatized and, more to the point, wrong except on the broadest and most generous possible interpretations.

Comment

Working...
                              X