Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End of America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9PulYpjGs

There are 10 standard steps to convert an open, free state into a closed, despot-controlled police state.

How many of these 10 steps have already occurred for USA?

How will financial crisis catalyze or support the further advancement of this loss of freedom?:eek:

10 Steps to Police State

1. Defined threat (internal, external, perceived, or imagined). US: 9/11, terrorism, war, financial collapse, etc
    2. Secret, separate prison system with torture for use against the identified threat and others. US: Gitmo
    3. Create a para-military force. (Black-water et al)
    4. Create a surveillance system aimed at normal citizens (US: wiretap, Internet traffic, TSA watch list)
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. Declaration of marshall law, or subversion of civil law
      (US: Year _______).

So patriots of freedom, what are you going to do? Naomi says the window of action is closing very soon.

Naomi says to rise up, ask/force Congress to act on 10 Point Legislative Package

http://www.americanfreedomcampaign.org has 5 million members through its partner organizations
    Last edited by Glenn Black; March 22, 2009, 06:56 PM.

Re: The End of America

Originally posted by Glenn Black View Post
    So patriots of freedom, what are you going to do? Naomi says the window of action is closing very soon.
    I'm going to let all the people who didnt listen to me and laughed at me for being a "nutjob Ron Paul supporter" to suffer and starve in complete humiliation. If they try and come take my property from me, I'll be sure to remind and show them that I still support and practice the 2nd amendment.
    Every interest bearing loan is mathematically impossible to pay back.

Comment

ignore it and go to sleep - it's only Naomi Wolf.

After all, freedom is free. That's what "free" means, no price

Ignore those wing nuts who claim the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Not so.

There are 10 standard steps to convert an open, free state into a closed, despot-controlled police state.

How many of these 10 steps have already occurred for USA?

How will financial crisis catalyze or support the further advancement of this loss of freedom?:eek:

10 Steps to Police State

1. Defined threat (internal, external, perceived, or imagined). US: 9/11, terrorism, war, financial collapse, etc
      2. Secret, separate prison system with torture for use against the identified threat and others. US: Gitmo
      3. Create a para-military force. (Black-water et al)
      4. Create a surveillance system aimed at normal citizens (US: wiretap, Internet traffic, TSA watch list)
      5. ?
      6. ?
      7. ?
      8. ?
      9. ?
      10. Declaration of marshall law, or subversion of civil law
        (US: Year _______).

Naomi says to rise up, ask/force Congress to act on 10 Point Legislative Package

http://www.americanfreedomcampaign.org has 5 million members through its partner organizations

Comment

Naomi Klein gives me a pain in the neck. She may be "on to something" (not exactly the world's greatest insight though, eh?), but she still gives me a pain in the neck. I'd be perfectly agreeable to listen to this theme if someone without her smarmily over-earnest background were delivering the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
          Naomi Klein gives me a pain in the neck....
          This is Naomi Wolf.

A Naomi by any name smell just as sweet?

Comment

Here are the ten steps:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy
            2. Create a gulag
            3. Develop a thug caste
            4. Set up an internal surveillance system
            5. Harass citizens' groups
            6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release
            7. Target key individuals
            8. Control the press
            9. Dissent equals treason
            10. Suspend the rule of law

Comment

Originally posted by ricket View Post
              I'm going to let all the people who didnt listen to me and laughed at me for being a "nutjob Ron Paul supporter" to suffer and starve in complete humiliation. If they try and come take my property from me, I'll be sure to remind and show them that I still support and practice the 2nd amendment.
              Yeah, I'd rather kiss it good bye on my front porch than in some American 'detention' camp. Kinda resigned myself to that...if it comes to that. Don't think it will but one never knows.

Comment

You lot are quite pessimistic! :p

Comment

Glenn, this was posted by FRED over a year ago.

Good stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
                    Naomi Klein gives me a pain in the neck. She may be "on to something" (not exactly the world's greatest insight though, eh?), but she still gives me a pain in the neck. I'd be perfectly agreeable to listen to this theme if someone without her smarmily over-earnest background were delivering the idea.
                    Safe to say that anyone willing to make a career out of presenting these ideas is exactly the kind of person who'll usually give you a pain in the neck.

Comment

This is Naomi Wolf.

A Naomi by any name smell just as sweet?
                      Glenn - my apologies, I did in fact mean Naomi Wolf. She has been introduced and discussed (at length) on much the same theme here, think it was back in late 2007 or early 2008.

Comment

Like I said Spartacus - I'm 100% amenable to listen carefully to this theme - just this particular proponent who gives me a migraine.

Comment

We're not pessimists. We're optimists. This could all be far worse! What, you think we are looking too far over onto the bleak side here? Cattle prods and pens, electronic tracking bracelets - barcode numbers printed on our foreheads and whatnot.

Originally posted by BadJuju View Post
                          You lot are quite pessimistic! :p

Comment

Working...
                          X