Doom & Gloomer Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom & Gloomer Fun

Need a few hours away? We did. Played a little board game called Crisis 2020 that posits a bunch of possible, and impossible, near-future scenarios in the good ol' USA. We played the introductory scenario, Military coup against corrupt Federal Government. The former are heavy on firepower, the latter impressive in the data-communication fields. Highly unpredictable outcomes. Firepower can be used less lethal, normal or massively. Collateral damage, expressed politically, are the consequences. Cards bring much color to the game. In the Southeast Evangelicals and gun-ownership groups thwarted my attempt to seize the region with a Stryker brigade. The designer is Joe Miranda, who has done simulation work for the armed services.

http://victorypointgames.com/product...0&bestseller=Y

PS: I have no professional connections to this product whatsoever

Re: Doom & Gloomer Fun

I think I saw the same map on "Jericho."

Comment

Is there a "Massacre Congress" option?

Comment

Originally posted by flintlock View Post
        Is there a "Massacre Congress" option?
        Careful big fella. You're gonna get the NSA sniffin' around this place. (Probably already are, though, what with all the militia talk in some of these threads.)

Comment

Well its a war game right? Somebody has to die, may as well be them

Comment

Originally posted by Prazak View Post
            Careful big fella. You're gonna get the NSA sniffin' around this place. (Probably already are, though, what with all the militia talk in some of these threads.)

Hi Prazak,

We have already been plugged into the Li discontent liquidation formula where we are lumped into bulk liquidation expense grades rated by the Really-Bad-Moody agency . This way the defense contractors may bid on them anywhere from disinformation propaganda targets , suppression, to complete liquidation. I am proud to say the tulip bids, given the average intellectual and resource capabilities as a liquidation class, have seen much higher bidding thresholds than the average yahoo financial column talk back.
            Last edited by gwynedd1; March 16, 2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X