• Mish.....Expect up to 1 MILLION jobs to go in March

Holy Sh*T
    http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...eturns-to.html

ERIC!!!!!!!!
    FRED!!!!!!!!
    METALMAN!!!!!!!!
    LUKE!!!!!!!!
    DON!!!!!!!
    MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike

Re: Mish.....Expect up to 1 MILLION jobs to go in March

Well, Mega, not sure what to say about the 1M job losses -- guess we'll see, but Depression Cooking with Clara was excellent!

Comment

The weird part of "depression cooking" is how much it is like college cooking. I also recommend putting a head of cabbage in with Top Ramen to fill you up. Also, a pot of lentils is very good for you and very cheap.

Comment

Do people really not know how to cook basic food? Also, people might start doing crazy stuff like drinking water from the tap or making their own coffee. Bad Times.

Comment

Do people really not know how to cook basic food? Also, people might start doing crazy stuff like drinking water from the tap or making their own coffee. Bad Times.

Comment

NOT NEWS! Forcasted by iTulip in July 2008

See: Unemployment by industry: Recession or depression?

News is news as in "new" as in "not already reported."

Thanks.
            Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by jpatter666 View Post
              Well, Mega, not sure what to say about the 1M job losses -- guess we'll see, but Depression Cooking with Clara was excellent!
              The blokes I shared Clara with all recalled that their grandmothers, mine included, for dinner rung the necks of chickens from the backyard :cool:

Comment

Watching "Depression Cooking with Clara" reminds me of my grandmother (1894-1984), her incredible cooking and character.

My grandmother always fascinated me by the array of things she could make or do (compared to Mom). She made lye soap from excess bacon fat to wash the clothes. She made all the breads, cookies, deserts, and condiments (mayo, mustard, catsup, relishes, etc). About 20% of their city lot was a well manicured vegetable garden. She canned everything from the garden and seasonal fruits that they couldn't eat. They picked blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apples, pears and cranberries when in season for their fresh fruit and making jams/jellies. Christmas gifts were almost always "made by hand". They had a cold closet in the cellar to keep the potatoes, squash, onions, carrots and parsnips cool and dry through the winter. They had racks of canning jars on the cellar wall and with various crocks of home made pickles or sauerkraut on the floor. Dandelions were a seasonal treat usually cooked with ham or a little salt pork. My grandmother would pick shopping bags at a time from the edge of fields along the road. My Grandfather brewed his beer and made hard cider in the basement. He would do the shopping for the household ... and I am told he would go to a different store just to save a penny on an item. They seem to have mastered frugal from what I saw earlier in my life ... as much as reasonably possible was made by hand and nothing was wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by don View Post
                  The blokes I shared Clara with all recalled that their grandmothers, mine included, for dinner rung the necks of chickens from the backyard :cool:
                  I should refresh before I post !

Comment

Originally posted by BigLandbaron View Post
                    Watching "Depression Cooking with Clara" reminds me of my grandmother (1894-1984), her incredible cooking and character.

My grandmother always fascinated me by the array of things she could make or do (compared to Mom). She made lye soap from excess bacon fat to wash the clothes. She made all the breads, cookies, deserts, and condiments (mayo, mustard, catsup, relishes, etc). About 20% of their city lot was a well manicured vegetable garden. She canned everything from the garden and seasonal fruits that they couldn't eat. They picked blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apples, pears and cranberries when in season for their fresh fruit and making jams/jellies. Christmas gifts were almost always "made by hand". They had a cold closet in the cellar to keep the potatoes, squash, onions, carrots and parsnips cool and dry through the winter. They had racks of canning jars on the cellar wall and with various crocks of home made pickles or sauerkraut on the floor. Dandelions were a seasonal treat usually cooked with ham or a little salt pork. My grandmother would pick shopping bags at a time from the edge of fields along the road. My Grandfather brewed his beer and made hard cider in the basement. He would do the shopping for the household ... and I am told he would go to a different store just to save a penny on an item. They seem to have mastered frugal from what I saw earlier in my life ... as much as reasonably possible was made by hand and nothing was wasted.
                    My grandparents did some of the same and it is why I like to cook and grow herbs. But when do these activities become time away from other work.

Comment

Re: NOT NEWS! Forcasted by iTulip in July 2008

Originally posted by FRED View Post
                      See: Unemployment by industry: Recession or depression?

News is news as in "new" as in "not already reported."

Thanks.

Any chance you will update that article.

Comment

Re: NOT NEWS! Forcasted by iTulip in July 2008

pizza is pretty cheap if you make the crust, and is there anything tastier than GOOD home made pizza? But I digest...

Comment

Working...
                        X