Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best War Ever

THE BEST WAR EVER

Last edited by FRED; February 07, 2007, 10:41 AM.
    Ed.

Re: The Best War Ever

Originally posted by Fred
    THE BEST WAR EVER
    Before the war had you told me to buy Halliburton a company headed into bankruptcy trading as a penny stock I would have called you crazy. Before the war had you told me that oil companies would have world record profits I would have said you were insane with oil trading at $20 a barrel. Before the war had you told me to buy Barricks a shitty miner whose only tie-in was to the Bush Family I would have said no way. Before the war had you told me Toronto was going to pull off another Bre-X scam and spend incredible amounts of money turning tar into oil, I would have said that defies physics.

THE BEST WAR EVER

Without a doubt, certainly for somebody.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    - Charles Mackay

Comment

Originally posted by Tet
      Before the war had you told me to buy Halliburton a company headed into bankruptcy trading as a penny stock I would have called you crazy. Before the war had you told me that oil companies would have world record profits I would have said you were insane with oil trading at $20 a barrel. Before the war had you told me to buy Barricks a shitty miner whose only tie-in was to the Bush Family I would have said no way. Before the war had you told me Toronto was going to pull off another Bre-X scam and spend incredible amounts of money turning tar into oil, I would have said that defies physics.

THE BEST WAR EVER

Without a doubt, certainly for somebody.
      "A day after U.S. President George W. Bush announced plans to double U.S. oil reserves in his Jan. 23 State of the Union address, oil prices rose 4.7 percent to $55 a barrel, the biggest jump in 16 months. Bush pledged to increase the size of the reserves by 1.5 billion barrels by 2027 and to rely more heavily on ethanol as part of a broader goal to help reduce gasoline consumption by up to 20 percent by 2017."

Brought to you by the folks at Stratfor...

Comment

Originally posted by EJ
        "A day after U.S. President George W. Bush announced plans to double U.S. oil reserves in his Jan. 23 State of the Union address, oil prices rose 4.7 percent to $55 a barrel, the biggest jump in 16 months. Bush pledged to increase the size of the reserves by 1.5 billion barrels by 2027 and to rely more heavily on ethanol as part of a broader goal to help reduce gasoline consumption by up to 20 percent by 2017."

Brought to you by the folks at Stratfor...
        Good point, Bush proving once again that his claim to fortune was being the only oil man in Texas not to hit oil. Once again Bush is taking oil and putting it back in the ground, that's good business for the oil business. Certainly helps the Federal Reserve as well.
        "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
        - Charles Mackay

Comment

Working...
        X