Paul Van Eeden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Van Eeden

This forum is for market commentators who have since 2006 adopted iTulip's unique 1999 "disinflation first, inflation second" theory, now that it's obvious, but do not attribute it to the original source

I'm not sure he should get the rap. He sure has been spot on since under 300 an ounce. Summer of 08 he said cash. Get out off all gold stocks. Some physical mostly cash. I wish I had listened.

Was never a raging bull. Always made it clear regarding dollar value vs gold.

Re: Paul Van Eeden

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
    This forum is for market commentators who have since 2006 adopted iTulip's unique 1999 "disinflation first, inflation second" theory, now that it's obvious, but do not attribute it to the original source

I'm not sure he should get the rap. He sure has been spot on since under 300 an ounce. Summer of 08 he said cash. Get out off all gold stocks. Some physical mostly cash. I wish I had listened.

Was never a raging bull. Always made it clear regarding dollar value vs gold.
    maybe he came to same conclusions independently.

Comment

Proabably. He has been very accurate. He has a news letter, and invests only for himself.

Comment

iirc his long term target for gold was approx 1186 or some such. i do recall clearly that it was a lot lower than ej's 2500. do you know where he stands now?

Comment

No I stopped following him after I failed to take his wise advise.

Comment

No I stopped following him after I failed to take his wise advise.
            what an interesting statement, and so honest.

Comment

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...den&emb=0&aq=f#

This one is pretty good. re oil

As I went through a few others I see he got slammed with juniors.

He spends his time looking at TMS. Total Money Supply. And last summer his fair value for gold was 760 or so.

Comment

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...den&emb=0&aq=f#

This one is pretty good. re oil

As I went through a few others I see he got slammed with juniors.

He spends his time looking at TMS. Total Money Supply. And last summer his fair value for gold was 760 or so.
                oh, i see. so he was kinda wrong.

Comment

Welllllllllll

he is very good on the price of gold. The juniors ehhhhhhh. Not so good.

Comment

Welllllllllll

he is very good on the price of gold. The juniors ehhhhhhh. Not so good.
                    itulip sez... buy the stuff, forget the stocks. we win!

Comment

Proabably. He has been very accurate. He has a news letter, and invests only for himself.
                      for every 10 guys who copy someone else there is one guy who thinks for himself and comes to the same conclusions. it's hard to tell. one way is if they 'show the work' as in the analysis they did to develop their conclusions. it's like high school math class... the teacher can tell who cheated on the exam and who didn't by looking at how they worked out the problem. look at itulip and you see every problem getting worked day in and day out... long, analytical, data driven... if the guy you are reading does not show that, you have good reason to think he's cribbing.

Comment

No I think he has come to his own conclusions. You can go to his web site and look back at years of his writings. His thesis is (and I hope I'm not saying something he wouldn't agree with.) The FAIR value of U.S. Dollar gold is based on the value of the U.S. dollar.

How he arrives at the value of the Dollar is through CPI, M3 and TMS. Although I'm not sure if he is a big believer in TMS. I would go back and read him I just CAN'T get off this site.

Comment

Working...
                        X