X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the Shadow of 1937

Originally posted by bart
    Originally posted by Finster
    You have presented no countervailing data .. actually no data at all. Given that I have just posted a logical comparison of the two classes, wouldn’t you say the burden was yours to at least make a case as to why they are "not logically comparable"? As opposed to merely state your conclusion to that effect?
    I don't have to. Not only is there the absolute fact that you can not deny that corn (as an example) is not the same item over the last many decades, but you've actually made comments about GMO corn elsewhere.

Simply noting a false premise is usually enough for *normal* people... ;)
    Of course you don’t have to. But it ought to be obvious by now to any casual reader that you have no factual data to support your position. Weighed against the data I have posted, you have clearly pled nolo contendere.

We can paraphrase the whole debate thus far as follows.

DemonD: Albuquerque is north of Phoenix.

Bart: No, it’s not.

Finster: Okay, okay, so it’s not due north. But DemonD is correct at least insofar as Albuquerque is further north than Phoenix.

Bart: No, it’s not.

Finster: Huh? Of course it is. Just look at this map.
    [posts image of Rand McNally map of Arizona - New Mexico]

Bart: Maps have been known to have errors.

Finster: Well, I suppose so, but we have no reason to believe the map I’ve posted incorrectly shows Albuquerque to be further north than Phoenix. After all, it’s from a reliable source and has not been contradicted by any other information.

Bart: I saw a map of Ohio once that had a city on it called "Cincinnita".

Finster: WTF??? Okay, here is a picture of the Mayor of Albuquerque taking his oath of office. And here is a similar one of the Mayor of Phoenix being sworn in. Taking into consideration the date, time of day, and the angle of the shadow, we can deduce from [posts series of equations and graphs] that Albuquerque is 1.80 degrees of arc further from the equator than Phoenix, which translates into approximately 1.80/360* 24,000, or 120 miles.

Bart: The voting machines were rigged. That is not the legitimate Mayor of Albuquerque.

Finster: %^$&#^$??? Come on, the only information we have on record so far shows Albuquerque to be further north than Phoenix. I’m doing all the leg work here and you’re just sitting back taking pot shots. Sorry, but I’m not playing your game.

JK: Finster, you never addressed Bart’s point about the accuracy of the voting machines.

Finster: It’s irrelevant. All the data we have indicates Albuquerque to be further north than Phoenix. I never said the guy was legitimately elected.

Bart: Aha! So you admit he's a phony!

Finster: All I've admitted is that Albuquerque is further north than Phoenix.

Bart: You can’t logically compare Albuquerque to Phoenix. Like apples and pears.

Finster: Why not?

Bart: I don’t have to tell you why not.

Finster: Nobody said you have to present facts and logic. But nobody has to believe you, either... :p :eek:
    Finster

Comment

Re: In the Shadow of 1937

Originally posted by Finster
      Of course you don’t have to. But it ought to be obvious by now to any casual reader that you have no factual data to support your position. Weighed against the data I have posted, you have clearly pled nolo contendere.
      Not bad... I give it a 7.7... and 2.6 attempted ipso facto's... ;)

You may now choose your prize from the following:

Appeal To False Authority:
      Your logical fallacies aren't logical fallacies at all because Einstein said so. Einstein also said that this one is better.

Appeal To Numbers:
      Millions think that this fallacy is the best, so clearly it is.

Appeal To Tradition:
      We've used Appeal to Tradition for centuries: how can it possibly be wrong?

Argumentum Ad Nauseum:
      Argumentum ad nauseum is the best logical fallacy.

Begging The Question:
      Circular reasoning is the best fallacy and is capable of proving anything.
      Since it can prove anything, it can obviously prove the above statement.
      Since it can prove the first statement, it must be true.
      Therefore, circular reasoning is the best fallacy and is capable of proving anything.
      http://www.NowAndTheFuture.com

Comment

Working...
      X