Hi Guys,

Ive been reading iTulip for a while and absolutely love this site.... I was beginning to see the writing on the wall several years ago and only about a year ago found iTulip... I have essentially stayed in all cash for the last 3-4 years.... As nothing made sense to invest in....

But, i had overlooked gold as an investment (quite frankly never even knew about it).... After reading iTulip i woke up to it... So, i am now worried about inflation and im curious if iTulip still recommends gold at this price point of ~ $850.00.... As i keep looking at the charts and it seems to be in a down trend that is hard to swallow....

I have read the Ka-poom theory, and IMHO, i still believe we will be in for deflation for the next year or so (average Joe is just starting to wake up to it, and there seems to be alot of skeletons in the closet; Madoff, etc...) but as the bailout money starts hitting the system then we will see inflation as EJ has predicted....

But, i guess im trying to understand how long does iTulip think the deflation will last and how bad does iTulip think the coming inflation will be? With regard to USD official devaluation to happen it would have to be against another currency, correct? I m having a hard time seeing it against any other currency, right now as all countries seem to have swallowed the FIRE way of doing things.... Its all fiat and all have drunk from the same poison....

Will inflation be so bad that all of the savings will be destroyed? If so, what are iTulipers allocations of assets?

For someone like my self i unfortunately didnt get in on gold at a good price and i am trying to avoid catching the train midstation as it seems that it could go either way....

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this... Is Gold still something to buy at this price, or is it now too risky to jump in after a 4x increase in price in the last 3 years?

Thanks,
Karim0028