Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric, JK, Fred & Bart - how about some PODCASTS gentlemen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric, JK, Fred & Bart - how about some PODCASTS gentlemen?

Or are you all luddites?

Re: Eric, JK, Fred & Bart - how about some PODCASTS gentlemen?

Originally posted by Spartacus
    Or are you all luddites?
    Good one.
    http://www.nowandfutures.com/grins/laugh1.mp3

Sometime I already feel like a pod person - does that count?... ;)

I've thought about that, as well as doing a blog, but right now it just boils down to an available time issue. If I did a podcast, there is an additional learning curve and perhaps a lot higher cost for bandwidth.

Between updating ~150 charts per week, general page and site maintenance, new research, posting on various sites, answering emails, keeping all my computers reasonably secure and then there's that little detail of having a life - there just plain isn't enough time available, at least yet.

My M3 work is getting more well known too - my site really got whacked today since a number of major bloggers linked to it... and there are some indications that a major media outfit is interested in talking to me too.
    http://www.NowAndTheFuture.com

Comment

Originally posted by bart
      Good one.

My M3 work is getting more well known too - my site really got whacked today since a number of major bloggers linked to it... and there are some indications that a major media outfit is interested in talking to me too.
      Major coolness. I saw the mention on Big Picture.

I wasn't requesting (and would NOT expect) a production, just maybe something auditory to round out the reading here - despite having a major hearing deficit, I'm a VERY aural person.

Comment

Major coolness. I saw the mention on Big Picture.

I wasn't requesting (and would NOT expect) a production, just maybe something auditory to round out the reading here - despite having a major hearing deficit, I'm a VERY aural person.

Thanks!

Do you know of any decent links for "how to" on podcasting? The main issue for me on them is that I'm a chart nut and I don't think its even possible to embed a chart link inside an mp3 or similar.

Comment

I was thinking basically one of you gentlemen just hook up a Radio Shack microphone to your sound card and make a short mp3 file out of a news item of interest (or your reaction to such - maybe an antispin item.

The iPod users can figure out how to get ito onto their iPods, the rest of us can just download the mp3 onto our normal desktop machines.

Thanks!

Do you know of any decent links for "how to" on podcasting? The main issue for me on them is that I'm a chart nut and I don't think its even possible to embed a chart link inside an mp3 or similar.
          Yes, that's correct - the mp3 format doesn't allow embedding URLs that pop up at certain points within the audio stream.

You'll need flash for that - audio and video, with lots of graphics drawing capability.

That is DEFINITELY a "bendy educational thingy", Pratchett's re-naming of "the learning curve".

Comment

Good one.
            http://www.nowandfutures.com/grins/laugh1.mp3

Hey Bart, any indication whether the democratic led congress will be drafting legislation that forces the fed to put out the M3 numbers? I've been reading up on wiki about all the money supplies, so I can understand if you've got a solid M3 chart why you'd be so popular nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonD
              Hey Bart, any indication whether the democratic led congress will be drafting legislation that forces the fed to put out the M3 numbers? I've been reading up on wiki about all the money supplies, so I can understand if you've got a solid M3 chart why you'd be so popular nowadays.
              I doubt that the Congress will get involved unless there's a large public response. They tend to avoid interfering with the Fed, and M3 availability means little to most folk.
              I could see Ron Paul bringing it up at the next Humphrey Hawkins Fed report to Congress though.

Comment

how about some PODCASTS gentlemen? ... Or are you all luddites?
                What the hey is a "podcast"??? :confused:
                Finster

Comment

I could see Ron Paul bringing it up at the next Humphrey Hawkins Fed report to Congress though.
                  the wiki for the money supply stated that ron paul tried to put in some legislation in 05 that would have required the fed to publish m3 numbers. Might the democratic congress be more open to the same type of measure?

Comment

We're all over it, Spartacus.

We're experimenting with audio and video. Check out the short YouTube video here...

http://itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580

The intent behind the videos you see in the upper left hand corner of the landing page is that iTulip videos, flash animations and so on will display there.

We also intend to deliver audio of anti-spin commentary, interviews, and so on.

As they say, stay tuned!
                    Ed.

Comment

"broadcast that ends up on the iPod" (I think)

Used to be "webcast".

Originally posted by Finster
                      What the hey is a "podcast"??? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by DemonD
                        the wiki for the money supply stated that ron paul tried to put in some legislation in 05 that would have required the fed to publish m3 numbers. Might the democratic congress be more open to the same type of measure?
                        One can hope, but I'm sure not holding my breath.

Comment

Working...
                        X