Quote Originally Posted by friendly_jacek View Post
Why not?

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)
Fancy.

You know what, never mind. You could be absolutely right about this. I just have a feeling that if enough people sell off index shares that the reciprocals become hyper inflated, the fund managers will become just as insolvent as the banks who collateralized debt. I could be wrong, and I don't think it wise for me to try to argue on this point.

I'm not bashing the ETFs either, I put 100% of my retirement money into URPSX last October. I also sold it all last month because I don't want to be stuck holding them when they're outlawed/insolvent. These emergency actions by the SEC have happened with hours notice if any at all, so who knows what the hell they're going to do with their new found authorities.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Can I trust paper gold? Should I cash out, take the tax hit and buy physical PMs? Should I position for an Alt-E bubble? Can an Alt-E bubble even happen now with the FIRE economy in shambles? Is it safe to get back into shorts and ride this the rest of the way down? I have no idea. Good luck.