How would you rebuild your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rebuild your country?

I think it would be very interesting to hear how different people would address their country's needs and wants. I'll start with my vision.

Here in middle America, I believe the USA needs to rebuild by identifying those towns that have been neglected since 1970. Cities like Dayton, Tulsa, Louisville, Des Moines, Omaha. Rebuild these previously glorious places and other towns with similar attributes. In addition, stop all new asphalt highway construction projects and start immediate construction of an all new super heavy high speed rail system that runs across the middle of America from East to Westcoast and from New England to Miami; Seattle to San Diego. By super heavyduty, I mean to make the rail cars large enough to park several tractor & trailer rigs on each car! Then spend the rest of our new found fiat moola on every form of power plant; from nuclear to hydroelectric. A few trillion spent this way would certainly be better than the previous: A HOME FOR EVERYONE program.

Anyone else have a vision they'd share?

Re: How would you rebuild your country?

Use the existing overcapacity housing stock for fuel? Gotta be good for at least a couple of weeks replacement of petroleum and gas, no? We could build up our "stategic petroleum" reserve meantime and thereby improve our "national security" (or at any rate, this might at least improve our "sense of security" - psychology is real important for keeping national morale "anchored")? I bet if a few of us wrote our congressman about this the congress would give it some serious deliberation?! [ because they are empty noggin pinheads on energy anyway, so might as well give them some busywork legislating something new :p ].

Comment

Re: How would you rebuild your country?

Bring military home, use them to supervise prisoners/lazy schoolkids. Randomly select top oligarchs to manage projects in exchange for tax incentives.

(In Eritrea, they have the kids do civil projects during the summers off. The minister of ed basically said, "We don't worry about motivation after that!")

Comment

Working...
      X