Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Russo-Georgian War Photos-- *** WARNING-GRUESOME ***

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
    VIT - some posters here were claiming that Saakashvili needlessly provoked the Ossetians with a straight re-unification bid, and that these Ossetians were not creating significant trouble for the Georgians directly in recent months prior to this. You suggest the opposite, that the Ossetians sparked Saakashvili's response by purposely pillaging Georgian villages, possibly due to the presence of Chechen troublemakers among them who led them to act this way? If that were the case, it makes Georgia's punishment by the Russians even more questionable here, and Saakashvili appear considerably less of an adventurist with bad judgement. What is your information coming from?
    I think you are confusing :confused:. There were skirmishes all the time between Osetians and Georgians militias. Provoking, may be. But still you can not argue that Saakashviliy was preparing to this war for long time. Osetians did not create significant troubles since this status lasted for 15 years. But, this war was supported by US, Russia took the game and for Saakashvily the only way to hold the power was to take Osetia and Abkhazia under control. Pillages occured after Osetian's Tshinvally was attacked and ruined by Georgians. Then Osetians stopped them, then Russians took control. You can imagine how Osetians are furious about it. They started robbing, I believe. I think this is the reason why Russians hold Gori for some time since it was left by all Georgians officials.

Chechens are not trouble makers here. They are the part of Russian troops. I very doubt that they would support pillages. Do not know if it is real, but journalist who made these photos asked Chechens not to behead Georgians POWs and they responded something like it was not in their thoughts even . Some of these Georgians POWs were mobilized just recently and said that Saakashvily put in the jail for 4 year who is trying to avoid the draft.

I get my information from witnesses who published on Internet and some official info and trying to relate them. The facts are very difficult to reveal there.

Comment

google's serving up russian bride ads for this thread. anything to get out of that friggin place if you're a young woman. sad.

Comment

VIT - Thanks for your clarification. I see that I had understood what you said completely wrong. It is interesting that these Chechen were within the Russian forces. I would have thought that the Russians would not bring Chechen into this fight in Ossetia? A bit like the British enlisting the hard core IRA to join Britain's Special Air Services. You never would know when those IRA would decide to have a "little party".

Comment

Originally posted by Lukester View Post
          VIT - Thanks for your clarification. I see that I had understood what you said completely wrong. It is interesting that these Chechen were within the Russian forces. I would have thought that the Russians would not bring Chechen into this fight in Ossetia? A bit like the British enlisting the hard core IRA to join Britain's Special Air Services. You never would know when those IRA would decide to have a "little party".
          A am not aware too much on IRA but can talk about Chechens. Chechens are warriors and they have been for centuries. Now the peace in Chechnya is very fragile and based on the dictatorship of their leader Kadyrov. Basically Kremlin just buys their loyalty by providing them money and investing in republic infrastructure. Chechens have internal tensions between several clans. Most of these people only can fight after 2 wars. I am not really sure why there have been taken, ideas: they are very good warriers, Russia needs to keep them busy and involved in some processes. Maybe to align them with Russian troops. I have hard time to imagine how they cooperate with other Russian troops. But overall I think getting them involved in Russian army is a good idea. First Chechen leaders all been from Soviet army.

Comment

Originally posted by $#*
            Please look again. Look at the "proofs" inserted in the pictures.... the georgian soldier body freshly dosed with gasoline, victorious "volunteer" and "peace keeper" forces passing under a new ossetian banners....
            Dude,

Manipulation is always possible, but so is someone getting blown out of a vehicle by an explosion. That some fuel followed is equally possible.

As for volunteer and/or peacekeepers; the South Ossetian thing isn't new. It started way back in 1991.

Russia has never pretended that there are not Russian troops there. Flags or not is pretty much irrelevant - this is hardly the equivalent of Afghans with man-portable anti-aircraft missiles in 1984.

Comment

Working...
            X