This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTulip Mid-year 2008 Performance Poll

Poll to find out how iTuliper's, by taking advantage of opinions offered here, are doing with their investments.
    Up more than 20%
    13.79%
    Up more than 10%
    20.69%
    Up less than 10%
    34.48%
    About even
    20.69%
    Down less than 10%
    6.90%
    Down more than 10%
    3.45%
    Down more than 20%
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Ed.

Re: iTulip Mid-year Performance Poll

Originally posted by FRED View Post
    Poll to find out how iTuliper's, by taking advantage of opinions offered here, are doing with their investments.
    I'm pleased with my 9.2% gain but it didn't quite put me into the 10%+ club. :mad: Any gains are great when compared to the S&P, which has shed 14.5% as of today.

Jimmy

Comment

YTD, 3.40% measured in MXN (it's all denominated in MXN), 8.81% measured in USD.

So far I'm OK, but after around two and a half months where my portfolio was going nowhere, its wake up this week has been more than welcome. I've also set a new stop for my Euro linked CD, if tomorrow ECB rises rates, I'm staying another month, else I'm dumping it.

Also I have to say that I still am developing my investment thesis, doing some fixes whenever necessary,
      sigpic
      Attention: Electronics Engineer Learning Economics.

Comment

Just became a paying member a few months ago, but have been reading on this site for about 1 1/2 years and this is my first post. I will say that I have been a little intimidated to post due to the high level analysis and obvious brain power exhibited here. But as to your poll, I have greatly benefited from the information as this is the first year I had the guts and the knowedge to step outside my comfort zone and short some things in the market. Overall my portfolio is up around 15% for the year.

Comment

Congrats, Atlas, and have no fear. Even before I paid up, found that most were looking to help, not poke fun.

Comment

Re: iTulip Mid-year 2008 Performance Poll

Originally posted by FRED View Post
            I couldn't figure out how to post a new poll for a Q3 portfolio progress report as of 9/30/08. If anyone cares to do so, I'm interested to see how it compares to the Q2 poll. I myself have gone from +9% to -6% for the year in the last 3 months. :eek:

Still a lot better than the S&P....:rolleyes:

Jimmy

Comment

I'm down 30% for the year. As of yesterday; I'm sure today bumped that to 35% or so as energy is getting hammered.

I was a late comer to itulip and wasn't at all positioned for this.

Comment

I sold all my work related stuff when I dropped off the grid in October 2006, then 70% of my 25 year old portfolio in Q2 2007.

Another 20% financial stocks: specifically JPM and C in October 2007.

Since December 2007, have been no less than 80% cash + GLD, but am presently up 38%. About half from my 3rd and 4th trades of the year: SKF

Comment

Working...
                X