Train Derailment, Fire, Bridge Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Derailment, Fire, Bridge Collapse

Happened about 20 miles from my house. AFAIK there were no fatalities, thank God.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: Train Derailment, Fire, Bridge Collapse

Looks like one of those trains carrying shale oil? MSM not revealing.

Comment

They say that 90% of all the stuff that comes into Phoenix by rail comes in on this bridge. Union Pacific's going to demolish and rebuild about 150 feet of it.

The interesting thing is that there was a derailment on this same bridge in June. It was then inspected and approved about three weeks before this latest derailment. And all bridge inspection reports are kept sealed from the public.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
        They say that 90% of all the stuff that comes into Phoenix by rail comes in on this bridge. Union Pacific's going to demolish and rebuild about 150 feet of it.

The interesting thing is that there was a derailment on this same bridge in June. It was then inspected and approved about three weeks before this latest derailment. And all bridge inspection reports are kept sealed from the public.
        The public has no idea how many train derailments there are every week or month. Only a very small number ever get on the evening news.
        We use a company as part of our emergency response planning that also works for the railways, and that is how I discovered this.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
          The public has no idea how many train derailments there are every week or month. Only a very small number ever get on the evening news.
          We use a company as part of our emergency response planning that also works for the railways, and that is how I discovered this.
          That's interesting.

Would you happen to know why they keep the inspection reports sealed? It's our tax dollars paying for those inspections; shouldn't we have a right to see them? Maybe there's a good reason for how it's in the public interest for keeping them secret, but I can't think of one.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
            That's interesting.

Would you happen to know why they keep the inspection reports sealed? It's our tax dollars paying for those inspections; shouldn't we have a right to see them? Maybe there's a good reason for how it's in the public interest for keeping them secret, but I can't think of one.
            No idea shiny! I don't live in the USA. Best you speak to your Congressional representative.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
              No idea shiny! I don't live in the USA. Best you speak to your Congressional representative.

Ahhh, call my congressional representative. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. ;-)

The only thing I've ever gotten after contacting a congressional representative is a form letter thanking me for contacting them, sorry but they can't help me with my problem, and then a flood of mail begging me for campaign contributions.

I hope it's better where you live.

Comment

Working...
              X