X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipelines getting KILLED!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by charliebrown View Post
    Everybody's playing Calvinball now.

For the last 20 years roads are good. Cars are bad. I'm sure I will think of a few more political oxymorons as I lay down to sleep.

Everyone is green until the huge server farms and networks that power their smart phones go dark.
    And electric vehicles! They run on magic!

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
      In the long term we are all dead. In the foreseeable future coal will continue to be a critically important contributor to the global energy mix.

https://www.mining.com/global-coal-p...y-0-5-in-2020/

Global coal production will grow this year despite covid-19

April 9, 2020 | 3:09 pm Energy Intelligence Asia Coal

Global coal production is expected to grow only marginally in 2020, from 8.13 billion tonnes in 2019 to 8.17 billion tonnes in 2020, a growth of only 0.5% after three consecutive yearly increases, due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, says GlobalData.

According to the analytics company, disruption has been most significant in China. Coal production declined by around 6% in the first two months of 2020 as workers could not return to mine sites due to the coronavirus outbreak.

However, by March 4, 83% of China’s coal mining capacity was operational and production is now expected to recover over the remainder of 2020 with a forecast decline of only 1.2% expected by the year-end...

...Over the next four years, production of thermal coal is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 1.9% to reach 7.6 billion tonnes by 2023, due to increasing demand from India and China.

“Across the globe, compared with other commodities coal production is only expected to be marginally affected by the impact of the coronavirus as thermal coal mines are permitted to operate during lockdowns as they are deemed essential to maintain power supplies,” says Vinneth Bajaj, senior mining analyst at GlobalData.

yup. We've been shown so many examples of the next big thing suddenly sweeping away the old thing we've come to believe disruption is easy and it can happen anywhere with anything. It can't.
      Sure, Facebook swept away MySpace, and Netflix swept away Blockbuster, and iPhone swept away Nokia. But these examples are like winning the lottery - it really does happen but it's rare and we should not count on it.

In the world of heavy industry and big infrastructure it just can't work that way. Coal fired power plants will be with us at least 50 years, and oil companies will be pumping petroleum products for 50 years. We have started a change away from them but it'll take 50 years to see results.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
        This is bad. Since the bloodbath in oil prices, PSXP managed to hold its value better than my other MLPs. It was down 18% yesterday on this news, joining EPD, MMP and SHLX in the toilet. sigh.
        Initiated an smallish position in EPD last 2 weeks. Don't dare to buy more. The price of ET appears to be doing surprisingly well despite threats of pipeline closure?

Comment

If Trump loses, Harris is going to be our president. She wants to ban fracking on day one. And offshore drilling. Thoughts re: pipelines and the MLP model?

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1169384141923606528

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

If Trump loses, Harris is going to be our president. She wants to ban fracking on day one. And offshore drilling. Thoughts re: pipelines and the MLP model?

The energy industry will pay her a bribe and she will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Milton Kuo View Post
              If Americans all start wearing masks, and schools reopen, the US consumption economy will recover very quickly. It's already happening in other countries that does this. The thing about masks is practically everyone needs to wear it for it to work.

Comment

What politicians "want" and say they will do while campaigning, and what they can do given the realities they face once elected, are most often too completely different things.

Even at the depths of the COVID lockdown the world, and the USA, was burning tens of millions of barrels of crude oil a day. Cutting off supply, especially domestic supply, simply raises the price and reduces the security of supply. And that is rarely politically popular in the USA, of all places.

Let's remember, the core supporters of the Democratic Party are wealthy Hollywood actors and even wealthier NY bankers. The former earn their living pretending to be someone they aren't and protecting the likes of Weinstein, and the latter earn their living pretending they are smarter than the rest of humanity and protecting the likes of Epstein.

The USA energy industry doesn't need to bribe anybody. Its the Chinese, Russian, French and Italian energy industry that are the experts at that.

Comment

The USA energy industry doesn't need to bribe anybody. Its the Chinese, Russian, French and Italian energy industry that are the experts at that.
                  I seriously doubt the U.S. energy companies are that much less skilled than their non-American counterparts. However, the point of my original comment wasn't clear. My opinion is that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will do as much to the energy companies as Barack Obama and Joe Biden did to crack down on the Wall Street banks that perpetrated the fraud that ended in the 2008 financial crisis.

If all else fails, I'm sure some energy company could always hire someone with tremendous experience managing an international energy company to negotiate things. Hunter Biden fits the bill perfectly. Child support for Arkansan strippers isn't cheap.

Comment

I seriously doubt the U.S. energy companies are that much less skilled than their non-American counterparts. However, the point of my original comment wasn't clear. My opinion is that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will do as much to the energy companies as Barack Obama and Joe Biden did to crack down on the Wall Street banks that perpetrated the fraud that ended in the 2008 financial crisis.

If all else fails, I'm sure some energy company could always hire someone with tremendous experience managing an international energy company to negotiate things. Hunter Biden fits the bill perfectly. Child support for Arkansan strippers isn't cheap.
                    You are naive. And obviously completely unfamiliar with the FCPA.

Comment

What politicians "want" and say they will do while campaigning, and what they can do given the realities they face once elected, are most often too completely different things.

Even at the depths of the COVID lockdown the world, and the USA, was burning tens of millions of barrels of crude oil a day. Cutting off supply, especially domestic supply, simply raises the price and reduces the security of supply. And that is rarely politically popular in the USA, of all places.

Let's remember, the core supporters of the Democratic Party are wealthy Hollywood actors and even wealthier NY bankers. The former earn their living pretending to be someone they aren't and protecting the likes of Weinstein, and the latter earn their living pretending they are smarter than the rest of humanity and protecting the likes of Epstein.

"Let's remember, the core supporters of the Democratic Party are wealthy Hollywood actors and even wealthier NY bankers. The former earn their living pretending to be someone they aren't and protecting the likes of Weinstein, and the latter earn their living pretending they are smarter than the rest of humanity and protecting the likes of Epstein."

I am so stealing this line....

Comment

Originally posted by jpatter666 View Post
                        "Let's remember, the core supporters of the Democratic Party are wealthy Hollywood actors and even wealthier NY bankers. The former earn their living pretending to be someone they aren't and protecting the likes of Weinstein, and the latter earn their living pretending they are smarter than the rest of humanity and protecting the likes of Epstein."

I am so stealing this line....
                        Me too!

Comment

Hunter biden is into natural gas? So I guess, NG will be fine. At the least the company in which he is in the board will be fine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1WX1P7

Comment

Working...
                          X