• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just add Batteries

Very impressive

Trouble is its over 2 TONS!!!!!

WE need new battery tec (soild state?)

The EV is coming now, I had thought that it was 5-10 years off as a mass production thing.

I was wrong

Mike

Re: Just add Batteries

AS "Brother Jay" sez, modern cars are too bloody big!

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
      Very impressive

Trouble is its over 2 TONS!!!!!

WE need new battery tec (soild state?)

The EV is coming now, I had thought that it was 5-10 years off as a mass production thing.

I was wrong

Mike
      Say what?

A 761 hp Porsche isn't "a mass production thing" Mike.
      Before this is all over, the amount of capital destruction will be epic. And most people will be more concerned with how to pay for good to feed their families than a plug-in toy car.

Comment

Its hard for me to say this, but I want EV's to win.
        Back in the day I ran some slower cars, then sold my motor bike & bought a Renault 5 GT Turbo.
        I spoken many times about it, great car it was to me what the MP4 was to Senna. As time rolled on I found myself getting more & more powerful cars, RS1800, 306 gti-6 Honda CTR......to name a few.

My last fast car was a Skoda vRS Octiva (VW Bora clone with a 20 valve Turbo engine).......I chipped it to 205 ish bhp. Very good car, very good brakes, not as fast though the bends as some I had but its +140 mph top end was "Helpful" when overtaking. I began to become a bit "disturbed" when on a number of times I found that an "unhelpfully" driven 2 litre turbo-diesel could make life troubling ........I began to see that what in the 80/90's even early 2000's would have been people whom wouldn't have had 100 bhp now had 180 bhp & to make matters worse 300 fbs of torque!

The torque was there before 3,000 rpm thus they didn't need to change down to get the engine on the cam......just see me coming up to pass & step on the gas. Even if it where a shift stick there would be enough torque to be unhelpful without a down shift. I am not talking about someone trying to race me, just being bloody minded about me overtaking them.

This is what a ex police traffic cop told me was called "Accidental performance" .........When he started chasing stolen cars was fun, he had a 3500 V8 Rover they have little chance. By the time he retired he seen high + 100 mph chases which they had to drop though fear for all concerned.

As many here know I long wanted the Turbo Diesel cars killed, I even written to Greta for help.

Comment

I though all hope was lost, but the EV IS coming & its going to be great!

Tesla makes no sense, its a front operation....Musk had done things that would have thrown anyone else in Jail. "They" got his back, he protected man, untouchable.

So from that I conclude that the EV IS going to be the transport of the future ........not far away either.
          The Petro $ is dying & Western nation's have two major problems, they bankrupt & they are unwilling &/or unable to pay wealth (real money) to other nations for their day to day energy needs.

Hence, they will need to make MAJOR changes to the way the Plebs go about business.
          Last edited by Mega; April 06, 2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

In short the Western Nations can no longer afford the Proles "indulgences"...like running a car!
            That privilege will be for Outer & inner party members only!

Sure In Canada or USA things will be ok ish, but in the older ex imperal powers a major clamp down is coming.

If you try running a ICE car in inner city or large towns, your get arse raped ...pure & simple.
            Those running cars on welfare (via "Red Diesel" no tax) will get blized big time.
            Red Diesel is getting removed from market place, people like farmers whom have a honest reson for it will buy it at full price & claim back the tax.

The Diesel cars themselves will be taxed & taxed again when you attempt to drive round the inner city.....the plate reading cameras are already installed.

So, what coming in its place?
            Tesla?

Nope, things like this:-
            https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...d-model-sketch

Comment

The battery costs are getting slashed, here Renault so to be here Via "Dacia" brand:-

It will have bigger battery & more go (80 mph ish top end) by the time it gets here.....shit 01:30 am!
              Am off to bed.

Comment

However, there is good news (for Party members).
                Exotic engines will give way to Exotic battery chemistry...."Bloody Hell is that a V8".....will give way to "Bloody Hell is that solid state?"

With EV you also solve the problem of package, EG Front drive/Front engine?......Rear drive/front engine?......Mid engine?.....Rear Engine?

Ev's car will allow 50/50 weight balance & mass balance as well....& a lower centre of G.

Comment

Oh, they try ANYTHING, but the game is up!
                  https://www.carscoops.com/2020/04/vw...-has-a-future/

Comment

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...out-until-2021

Clean Air zones will cover most of the nation in (Short) time.

Comment

More on the ID1 :-
                      https://www.autobild.de/videos/vw-id...-16656307.html

& the Sports car
                      https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...t-battery-tech
                      Last edited by Mega; April 07, 2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
                        However, there is good news (for Party members).
                        Exotic engines will give way to Exotic battery chemistry...."Bloody Hell is that a V8".....will give way to "Bloody Hell is that solid state?"

With EV you also solve the problem of package, EG Front drive/Front engine?......Rear drive/front engine?......Mid engine?.....Rear Engine?

Ev's car will allow 50/50 weight balance & mass balance as well....& a lower centre of G.

Dunno about everything you're saying, but my goodness that is a pretty car!

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Fuel Cell as a range extender.......hmm Smart Girl!

Comment

From India (they say openly they want to cut oil imports).

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X