Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ah......the 60's

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
    It does seem the narrow, winding lanes of the gorgeous English countryside are most conducive to open-top motoring in a small, nimble two-seater. A friend of mine in London owned a Mazda M5 Miata (he described it as "an MG without the oil leaks") and he introduced me to that pleasure one weekend.
    Bingo. My dad had an MG when I was growing up. Most of my memories of it concern him working on the damn thing trying to get it running again. But there were a few glorious times when he took me out in it and I never forgot those.

Eventually got a 2001 Miata Special Edition in British Racing Green. Still have it, had to replace the top a few times, but other than than no real issues.

And on those few rapturous days, there's nothing quite like it when we go out.

Comment

Originally posted by jpatter666 View Post
      Bingo. My dad had an MG when I was growing up. Most of my memories of it concern him working on the damn thing trying to get it running again. But there were a few glorious times when he took me out in it and I never forgot those.

Eventually got a 2001 Miata Special Edition in British Racing Green. Still have it, had to replace the top a few times, but other than than no real issues.

And on those few rapturous days, there's nothing quite like it when we go out.
      The classic MGA 1600 is a looker

as is the Triump GT6 of the same era

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X