China in Lockdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China in Lockdown

Not in work, so I only know what you know.......try to find out what the "SP" as soon as am on Duty.

Mike

Re: China in Lockdown

For China to go to these lengths makes me wonder how bad this virus really is.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
      given their normal reticence to allow any negative news, i assume things are significantly worse than advertised. as it is, they are affirming that 20million people are on lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
        Any virus that humans got no immunity and spreads easily is going to be bad. Hundreds of years ago, lots of indigenous people were wiped out by common flu that caused no serious ailment in the old world people.

Comment

It's this season's SARS/MERS. Maybe we'll call it WARS - Wuhan Acute Respiratory Syndrome - or CARS - Chinese Acute Respiratory Syndrome? But this too shall pass.

The media in classic "if it bleeds it leads" fashion is working hard to panic people for the sake of clicks and eyeballs. But one imported case does not a pandemic make. The risk to Americans is lower than what, a car accident in their morning commute, slipping in the shower? We've got folks monitoring the airports, protocols are in force, and China seems to have learned its lesson from SARS and is being proactive and open.

The limited person-to-person spread is not at all unexpected. We should be more concerned with contracting the seasonal, garden-variety flu. Just stay away from Wuhan, get a flu shot, wash your hands often, let your sick employees stay home, and all will be well.

Comment

Ok, just got in.

NO prep work of any kind, "They" not worried at this point.
            All that have died where already sick with other health problems
            CHILL
            Mike

Comment

latest victim a supposedly healthy 36yo.
              2nd confirmed case in u.s. - first in washington state, 2nd in chicago.
              with a 14day latency period we really don't know how much is out there.
              35 million people in china are now not permitted to travel.
              i doubt it will cause as much havoc as the headlines would have us fear, but otoh i think it will cause some havoc.

Comment

14 people tested in England...all negative.....so far so good.

Mike

Comment

Time for some 1970's SCI FI

Comment

OK France has 3, more to come 63 possabiles in the US........very few death's lets NOT panic.

Mike

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X