2020 the fall of Tesla ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 the fall of Tesla ?

Was in traffic with a Model S this morning, 2017 model......looked crap.
    Paint appeared to be faded, trim looked "wrong" poor shut lines/ panel A-line-ment .....I mean it was easy to see it was poorly made.

If C&D get given shit by Tesla (Musk is crazy enough) & they get a group of other pissed off owners............remember he had the ball park to himself...now other players are arriving. .....with good customer service, back up & very good build/ shut lines....

Mike

Comment

Ford, as well as Mercedes, BMW, etc. all future promises or failed models. Either more expensive or less mileage than Tesla model 3. In the meantime, Tesla is churning lots of model 3. Let's see if cybertruck is for real. So far model 3 is the best electric car out there. Just that.
      Is li ion battery the future of new energy transport? I don't know. For now it seems the only practical available alternative. Shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Southernguy View Post
        ...Shall see.
        Precisely.

As for "future promises", nobody can compete with Elon Musk when it comes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
          Precisely.

As for "future promises", nobody can compete with Elon Musk when it comes to that.
          someone promised a big infrastructure spend, the return of manufacturing jobs, a reborn coal industry, a border wall, and paid for by mexico ....
          pretty big promises...
          Last edited by jk; January 03, 2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

.....indeed & if the Bloody DNC had a plan that didn't quote "Russian hacking" or inpheachment than perhaps the DNC might turn him out of office.

The DNC are totally lost, without any leader or sense of direction.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
              .....indeed & if the Bloody DNC had a plan that didn't quote "Russian hacking" or inpheachment than perhaps the DNC might turn him out of office.

The DNC are totally lost, without any leader or sense of direction.

Mike
              i have no love for the dnc. they're incompetent.

Comment

Ah, here comes GM to join Ford:-

Both of them will best Telsa to market
                https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...kids-tonka-toy

Comment

Comment

it's a good thing for tsla shareholders that musk didn't accept that $420 private buyout offer in spite of the assured funding,

Comment

Indeed
                      https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/tes...ons-plummet-47

Comment

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/01/el...of-new-models/

Comment

With Jim Cramer backing him....................

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
                            2020 is THE most important year for Tesla.
                            Not just Tesla, this is an interesting problem for car companies. Most are creating electric cars to meet regulatory requirements and to ensure they can at least pretend their participating in an emerging market. That’s why most of these cars are boring. Unless it's a game or a religious calling, the cars are so boring you'll want to shoot yourself or just stop driving. For me it was a game and when I'd mastered it, I was, well, bored.

I've written at length here about my three Chevy Volts. If one wanted to save the world from vehicle based carbon emissions there was no need to continue perfecting the hybrid automobile or create pure electric cars. From my first one in 2013 to my last one I achieved 400 mpg to 1,000 mpg. In the end I used 10 gallons of fuel per year and charged my car with solar panels. Job done.

And the Volt was a nice looking car. I didn't walk out in the morning and feel like I was going to have to drive a cardboard box to work. Another example of a perfectly serviceable and boring car is the Prius. If people were concerned about gas mileage, this car would be 50% of car sales and the imitators would consume most of the other sales. But we know this isn't the case. Why is this?

It's because they're not fun to drive. The cars are boring and soon people who don't care about driving will be able to move from place to place in an autonomous vehicle. Then the experience won't center on a boring drive, it will be a completely different social experience and the vehicle will become more like a bus or a train. Just a thing that accomplishes a navigational goal. GM is not Tesla’s competition, Uber is their competitor.

Comment

Working...
                            X