Quote Originally Posted by GRG55 View Post
Well, well. What a surprise.
At the risk of sounding like a stuck CD I will repeat, the Brexit Party is a single issue party. This was the entirely predictable outcome if it wished to remain relevant in any capacity after the Dec 12 election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50377396
General election 2019: Brexit Party will not stand in Tory seats

11 minutes ago

The Brexit Party has announced that it will not stand candidates in the 317 seats won by the Conservatives at the 2017 general election.

Party leader Nigel Farage said standing candidates across the country could increase the chances of another EU referendum taking place.

But he said the party would stand against all other parties - and focus on taking seats off Labour...

Well I would not like to disappoint you, but I still believe the BREXIT party have much more going for them than it would seem to anyone outside of the UK.

Again, the decision today was obvious from the moment that all the remain parties decided to work together, and I for one believe that Nigel Farage had no choice. He has been running up and down the nation taking the temperature of many diverse communities, and that will also have given him a clear view of where he should target his efforts. It takes real leadership to admit a need to change direction, and then follow through and do it. So he gets my full support and I wish him well.

Once the remain parties decided to gang together; he had no choice but to concede a full on election. My thoughts are also with all those candidates that have to step back and wait.