Clear All

• Shocking even for the US Navy !

He ended up in "Intel"........you couldn't make it up

Mike

Re: Shocking even for the US Navy !

I mean these guys have NUKES!!!

Comment

Military operations are dangerous. Even in peacetime people get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
        Military operations are dangerous. Even in peacetime people get killed.
        Sure. Only when your daddy is a Vice Admiral and you go blue on blue, you get a slap on the wrist, promoted to Commander, and a chance at a flag of your own. Or if your daddy is CINCPAC and you collaborate with the enemy in exchange for special treatment, you get to be a US Senator and a chance at the White House.

"A few years ago, I drew upon the Times and other fully mainstream sources to strongly suggest that McCain’s stories of his torture as a POW were probably fictional, invented to serve as a cover and an excuse for the very real record of his wartime collaboration with his Communist captors. Indeed, at the time our American media reported his activities as one of the leading propagandists of our North Vietnamese foes, but these facts were later flushed down the memory-hole. McCain’s father then ranked as one of America’s top military officers, and it seems likely that his personal political intervention ensured that the official narrative of his son’s wartime record was transmuted from traitor to war-hero, thereby allowing the younger McCain to later embark upon his celebrated political career."

And when the collaborator dies, everyone says "awww, how sweet" when a war criminal hands candy to another war criminal's wife at the collaborator's state funeral. The war criminal eulogizes the collaborator and the state-run media tells us soothing stories of the good old days that never were, of the courage that was cowardice, and of the decency that never was.

Because this is America, where the good guys always win and the truth always triumphs.

Comment

My word, you sure have a negative view of things.

The navy is bad. The Bush family is bad. The McCain family is bad. The Obama family is bad.
          And America is bad, run by a series of war criminals.

Perhaps a laxative would help improve your outlook.
          Last edited by thriftyandboringinohio; August 20, 2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Don't forget....
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Comment

It could NEVER happen............

Comment

Originally posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
                ...Perhaps a laxative would help improve your outlook.
                Thank you for your thoughtful response, Thrifty. Your concern for my bowel movements is especially touching.

Comment

i had no clue about those questions re mccain's history. thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post
                    Sure. Only when your daddy is a Vice Admiral and you go blue on blue, you get a slap on the wrist, promoted to Commander, and a chance at a flag of your own. Or if your daddy is CINCPAC and you collaborate with the enemy in exchange for special treatment, you get to be a US Senator and a chance at the White House.

And when the collaborator dies, everyone says "awww, how sweet" when a war criminal hands candy to another war criminal's wife at the collaborator's state funeral. The war criminal eulogizes the collaborator and the state-run media tells us soothing stories of the good old days that never were, of the courage that was cowardice, and of the decency that never was.
                    You quoted someone saying:
                    "A few years ago, I drew upon the Times and other fully mainstream sources to strongly suggest that McCain’s stories of his torture as a POW were probably fictional, invented to serve as a cover and an excuse for the very real record of his wartime collaboration with his Communist captors."

I wondered exactly who you were quoting.

I found the quote on this website:
                    http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pra...and-pizzagate/

It’s part of a 6400-word article describing many examples of despicable behavior and blackmail at top levels of US government, what the author calls “our hugely corrupted political system.”

** Woodrow Wilson was blackmailed .... “Once in office, Wilson signed the controversial legislation establishing the Federal Reserve system in 1913 and also named Louis Brandeis as the first Jewish member of the U.S. Supreme Court despite the public opposition of nearly our entire legal establishment.”

** About Epstein: “Obviously, Epstein was a ruthlessly opportunistic financial hustler....[His] now-disgraced prosecutor [said] he had been told to go very easy on the sex-trafficker because he “belonged to intelligence.”.... Philip Giraldi, a highly-regarded former CIA officer...suggested that Epstein had probably been working for the Israeli Mossad.”

The last three pages of the article focus on Pizzagate.

The “Related Reading” at the end of the article lists these sources:

John McCain and the POW Cover-Up by Sydney Schanberg
                    John McCain: When “Tokyo Rose” Ran for President
                    Pizzagate by Aedon Cassiel
                    What We Know About Pizzagate So Far by Tara McCarthy
                    Precedents for Pizzagate by Aedon Cassiel

Here are a few Snopes “fact checks” about Senator McCain.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...in-war-crimes/
                    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...lton-songbird/
                    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...uss-forrestal/
                    Last edited by Ellen Z; August 23, 2019, 12:29 AM. Reason: to add the specific quote from the article
                    If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Comment

There's something about it, isn't there? Take PCR from yesterday there on Unz's site. He quotes Noel Ignatiev, the guy who wrote "How the Irish Became White." Only he quotes him from the "Diversity Chronicle." Which is like quoting someone from The Onion...if The Onion were a far-right satirical wordpress blog written by the same lovely fella who spends his time doing this now... And of course, the day before, PCR wrote this. The irony, of course, is that Ignatiev's whole damn point of his most famous work was that it didn't really matter how pale the Irish were, the Brits tried to genocide them regardless. And just like that lovely platform, the Klan never had much love for Jews or Papists either. So much for that vaunted skin-tone solidarity... Good luck with a "Europa Unitas Movement" that excludes Italians, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Maltese, Bavarians, Polish, Czechs, Irish, Belgians, Lithuanians, Hungarians, Slovakians, Slovenians, Croatians, Romanians, and another dozen I forgot.

Of course, what old Erik Thorson doesn't stop to ponder is that just in town I know guys named Stas who are proud of being Polish as Sean is of being Irish or Tony is of being Italian or Al is of being Portuguese. Not one of them wants to be lumped in a single category with blue-bloods or rednecks though, and I doubt they'd be very proud if they were. They're all but certainly each more likely to be buddies with a guy named Manny or Zvi than someone named Herbert or Jethro. I think that's why this white identity stuff sells better in some regions of the US than others. Ask anyone in Boston whether they figure Sully went to BC or Harvard. Then ask where they figure Aldrich Astor Ambrose went. How many seconds of Fran Drescher's voice does it take to tell if she grew up on Park Ave or out near Flushing Meadows? And how lobotomized would I have to be to start thinking that, if we all stay out of the sun long enough, then she's on the same team with David Koch and me against my Puerto Rican friend I've known since pre-school? I expect this nonsense will sell about as well up here as Krispy Kreme.

I mean, he links to the Ulster Institute on that site for fuck's sake. The same one run by Richard Lynn, the guy who (shockingly!) uses "science" to prove that we're all wee dimwitted low-IQ leprechauns. Who would have guessed the British founder of the Ulster Institute would have found that?! Anyways, I got in a big pissing match with Raz about Lynn and Unz' IQ bullshit probably 8 years ago now (can't find the thread atm). It's a nice reminder that the paddies are still on the list of undesirables, even if we're buried behind 6 or 7 higher priority targets (except among certain circles, like the Ulster Institute...) Leave it to the red hand (sorry, can't type, too Irish, got to go back to grunting and banging rocks on cave walls now):

http://www.unz.com/wp-content/upload...eIQ-Table1.gif

Last edited by dcarrigg; August 23, 2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

That's why I linked the story, Ellenz. To give folks like you an opportunity to do your thing. I admit that it's gratifying to know some folks thought processes are akin to clockwork and manifestly predictable. And now that you have your slur machine primed, don't be shy; fire away.

But certainly, take no time to actually read what Sydney Hillel Schanberg - son of homemaker Freda Feinberg and grocer Louis Schanberg and a man who gave up his place at Harvard so as to be drafted - uncovered about McCain. Make no effort to consider the facts that Giraldi presents. Stick to insinuations that a site owned and operated by a Ron Keeva Unz, a Harvard educated millionaire entrepreneur born to a Ukrainian-Jewish immigrant and raised in a Yiddish speaking household, is a scary antisemite. And while you're at it, push those fingers deeper into your ear canals and repeat the mantra "pizzagate" every time you feel the cold fear of ugly reality intruding into the comforting fictions that keep you safe from scary thoughts. Keep the Snopes bookmark on your desktop, too. Helps keep the crimethink at bay.

Smear away. I can handle it. And reality will just keep asserting itself. Because the more people like you say "don't look, don't think, don't question," the more people begin looking, thinking, and questioning.

Originally posted by Ellen Z View Post
                        You quoted someone saying:
                        "A few years ago, I drew upon the Times and other fully mainstream sources to strongly suggest that McCain’s stories of his torture as a POW were probably fictional, invented to serve as a cover and an excuse for the very real record of his wartime collaboration with his Communist captors."

I wondered exactly who you were quoting.

I found the quote on this website:
                        http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pra...and-pizzagate/

It’s part of a 6400-word article describing many examples of despicable behavior and blackmail at top levels of US government, what the author calls “our hugely corrupted political system.”

** Woodrow Wilson was blackmailed .... “Similar rumors swirl around events much farther back in history as well, sometimes with enormous consequences. Well-placed contemporary sources have claimed that Samuel Untermyer, a wealthy Jewish lawyer, purchased the secret correspondence between Woodrow Wilson and his longtime mistress, and that the existence of that powerful leverage may have been an important factor behind Wilson’s astonishingly rapid rise from president of Princeton in 1910 to governor of New Jersey in 1911 to president of the United States in 1912. Once in office, Wilson signed the controversial legislation establishing the Federal Reserve system in 1913 and also named Louis Brandeis as the first Jewish member of the U.S. Supreme Court despite the public opposition of nearly our entire legal establishment. Wilson’s swiftly changing views on American involvement in the First World War may also have influenced by such personal pressures rather than solely determined by his perceptions of the national interest.[added the sections you strategically omitted.]

** About Epstein: “Obviously, Epstein was a ruthlessly opportunistic financial hustler. But extremely wealthy individuals must surely be surrounded by great swarms of ruthlessly opportunistic financial hustlers, and why would he have been so much more successful than all those others? Perhaps a clue comes from the offhand remark of Epstein’s now-disgraced prosecutor, saying that he had been told to go very easy on the sex-trafficker because he “belonged to intelligence.” The vague phrasing of that statement raises questions about whether the intelligence service may not have been one controlled by the U.S. government. Philip Giraldi, a highly-regarded former CIA officer, put things very plainly when he suggested that Epstein had probably been working for the Israeli Mossad, operating “honey traps” to obtain blackmail information on all the wealthy and powerful individuals whom he regularly plied with underage girls. Indeed, longtime Canadian journalist Eric Margolis recounted his early 1990s visit to Epstein’s enormous NYC mansion, in which he had barely crossed the threshold before he was offered an “intimate massage” by one of the many young girls there, presumably in a bedroom well-stocked with hidden cameras.[added the sections you strategically omitted.]

The last three pages of the article focus on Pizzagate.

"When one seemingly implausible pedophilia scandal has suddenly jumped from obscure corners of the Internet to the front pages of our leading newspapers, we must naturally begin to wonder whether others might not eventually do the same. And a very likely candidate comes to mind, one that seemed to me far better documented than the vague accusations being thrown about over the last few years against a wealthy financier once given a thirteen-month jail sentence in Florida a decade earlier.

I don’t use Social Media myself, but near the end of the 2016 presidential campaign, I gradually began seeing more and more Trump supporters referring to something called “Pizzagate,” a burgeoning sexual scandal that they claimed would bring down Hillary Clinton and many of the top leaders of her party, with the chatter actually increasing after Trump was elected. As near as I could tell, the whole bizarre theory had grown up on the far-right fringe of the Internet, with the utterly fantastical plot having something to do with stolen secret emails, DC pizza parlors, and a ring of pedophiles situated near the top of the Democratic Party. But given all the other strange and unlikely things I’d gradually discovered about our history, it didn’t seem like something I could necessarily dismiss out of hand.

At the beginning of December, a right-wing blogger produced a lengthy exposition of the Pizzagate charges, which finally gave me some understanding of what was actually under discussion, and I soon made arrangements to republish his article. It quickly attracted a great deal of interest, and some websites pointed to it as the best single introduction to the scandal for a general audience.

A couple of weeks later, I republished an additional article by the same writer, describing a long list of previous pedophilia scandals that had occurred in elite American and European political circles. Although many of these seemed to be solidly documented, nearly all of them had received minimal coverage by our mainstream media outlets. And if such political pedophile rings had existed in the relatively recent past, was it so totally implausible that there might be another one simmering beneath the surface of today’s Washington DC?

Those interested in the details of the Pizzagate Hypothesis are advised to read these articles, especially the first one, but I might as well provide a brief summary.

John Podesta had been a longtime fixture in DC political circles, becoming chief of staff to President Bill Clinton in 1998, and afterward remaining one of the most powerful figures in the Democratic Party establishment. While serving as as chairman of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, his apparent carelessness with the password security of his Gmail account allowed it to easily be hacked, and tens of thousands of his personal emails were soon published on WikiLeaks. A swarm of young anti-Clinton activists began scouring this treasure-trove of semi-confidential information, seeking evidence of mundane bribery and corruption, but instead they came across some quite odd exchanges, seemingly written in coded language.

Now use of coded language in a supposedly secure private email account raises all sorts of natural suspicions regarding what might have been under discussion, with the most likely possibilities being illegal drugs or sex. But most of the references didn’t seem to fit the former category, and in our remarkably libertine era, in which political candidates compete for the right to be Grand Marshal at an annual Gay Pride Parade, one of the few sexual activities still discussed only in whispers would seem to be pedophilia, with some of the very strange remarks possibly hinting at this.

The researchers also soon discovered that his brother Tony Podesta, one of the wealthiest and most successful lobbyists in DC, had extremely odd taste in art. Major items of his very extensive personal collection seemed to represent tortured or murdered bodies, and one of his favorite artists was best known for paintings depicting young children being held captive, lying dead, or suffering under severe distress. Such peculiar artwork obviously isn’t illegal, but it might naturally arouse some suspicions. And oddly enough, arch-Democrat Podesta had long been a close personal friend of former Republican Speaker and convicted child-molester Dennis Hastert, welcoming him back into DC society after his release from prison.

Furthermore, some of the rather suspiciously-worded Podesta emails referred to events held at a local DC pizza parlor, greatly favored by the Democratic Party elite, whose owner was the gay former boyfriend of David Brock, a leading Democratic activist. The public Instagram account of that pizza-entrepreneur apparently contained numerous images of young children, sometimes tied or bound, with those images frequently labeled by hashtags using the traditional gay slang for underage sexual targets. Some photos showed the fellow wearing a tee-shirt bearing the statement “I Love Children” in French, and by a very odd coincidence, his possibly assumed name was phonetically identical to that very same French phrase, thus proclaiming to the world that he was “a lover of children.” Closely connected Instagram accounts also included pictures of young children, sometimes shown amid piles of high-value currency, with queries about how much those particular children might be worth. None of this seemed illegal, but surely any reasonable person would regard the material as extremely suspicious.

DC is sometimes described as “Powertown,” being the seat of the individuals who make America’s laws and govern our society, with local political journalists being closely attuned to the relative status of such individuals. And oddly enough, GQ Magazine had ranked that gay pizza parlor owner with a strange focus on young children as being one of the 50 most powerful people in our national capital, placing him far ahead of many Cabinet members, Senators, Congressional Chairmen, Supreme Court justices, and top lobbyists. Was his pizza really that delicious?

These few paragraphs provide merely a sliver of the large quantity of highly-suspicious material surrounding various powerful figures at the apex of the DC political world. A vast cloud of billowing smoke is certainly no proof of any fire, but only a fool would completely ignore it without attempting further investigation.

I usually regard videos as a poor means of imparting serious information, far less effective and meaningful than the simple printed word. But the overwhelming bulk of the evidence supporting the Pizzagate Hypothesis consists of visual images and screen shots, and these are naturally suited to a video presentation.

Some of the best summaries of the Pizzagate case were produced by a young British YouTuber named Tara McCarthy, whose work was published under the name of “Reality Calls,” and her videos were viewed hundreds of thousands of times. Although her channel was eventually banned and her videos purged, copies were later reloaded to other accounts, both on YouTube and BitChute. Some of the evidence she presents seemed rather innocuous or speculative to me and other elements were probably based upon her unfamiliarity with American society and culture. But a great deal of extremely suspicious material remains, and I would suggest that people watch the videos and decide for themselves.

Around the same time that I first became familiar with the details of the Pizzagate controversy, the topic also started reaching the pages of my morning newspapers, but in an rather strange manner. Political stories began giving a sentence or two to the “Pizzagate hoax,” describing it as a ridiculous right-wing “conspiracy theory” but excluding all relevant details. I had an eery feeling that some unseen hand had suddenly flipped a switch causing the entire mainstream media to begin displaying identical signs declaring “Pizzagate Is False—Nothing To See There!” in brightly flashing neon. I couldn’t recall any previous example of such a strange media reaction to some obscure Internet controversy.

Articles in the Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times also suddenly appeared denouncing the entirety of the alternative media—Left, Right, and Libertarian—as “fake news” websites promoting Russian propaganda, while urging that their content be blocked by all patriotic Internet giants such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Prior to that moment, I’d never even heard the term “fake news” but suddenly it was ubiquitous across the media, once again almost as if some unseen hand had suddenly flipped a switch.

I naturally began to wonder whether the timing of these two strange developments was entirely coincidental. Perhaps Pizzagate was indeed true and struck so deeply at the core of our hugely corrupted political system that the media efforts to suppress it were approaching the point of hysteria.

Not long afterward, Tara McCarthy’s detailed Pizzagate videos were purged from YouTube. This was among the very first instances of video content being banned despite fully conforming to all existing YouTube guidelines, another deeply suspicious development.

I also noticed that mere mention of Pizzagate had become politically lethal. Donald Trump had selected Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, as his National Security Advisor, and Flynn’s son served as the latter’s chief of staff. The younger Flynn happened to Tweet out a couple of links to Pizzagate stories, pointing out that the accusations hadn’t yet been actually investigated let alone disproven, and very soon afterward, he was purged from the Trump transition team, foreshadowing his father’s fall a few weeks later. It seemed astonishing to me that a few simple Tweets about an Internet controversy could have such huge real-life impact near the top of our government.

The media continued its uniform drumbeat of “Pizzagate Has Been Disproven!” but we were never told how or by whom, and I was not the only individual to notice the hollowness of such denunciations. An award-winning investigative journalist named Ben Swann at a CBS station in Atlanta broadcast a short television segment summarizing the Pizzagate controversy and noting that contrary to widespread media claims, Pizzagate had neither been investigated nor debunked. Swann was almost immediately purged by CBS but a copy of his television segment remains available for viewing on the Internet.

There is an old wartime proverb that enemy flak is always heaviest over the most important target, and the remarkably ferocious wave of attacks and censorship against anyone broaching the subject of Pizzagate seems to raise obvious dark suspicions. Indeed, the simultaneous waves of attacks against all alternative media outlets as “Russian propaganda outlets” laid the basis for the continuing regime of Social Media censorship that has become a central aspect of today’s world.

Pizzagate may or may not turn out to be true, but the ongoing Internet crackdown has similarly engulfed topics of a somewhat similar nature but with vastly stronger documentation. Although I don’t use Twitter myself, I encountered the obvious implications of this new censorship policy following McCain’s death last August. The senator had died on a Saturday afternoon, and readership of Sydney Schanberg’s long 2008 expose quickly exploded, with numerous individuals Tweeting out the story and a large fraction of our incoming traffic therefore coming from Twitter. This continued until the following morning, at which point the huge flood of Tweets continued to grow, but all incoming Twitter traffic suddenly and permanently vanished, presumably because “shadow banning” had rendered those Tweets invisible. My own article on McCain’s very doubtful war record simultaneously suffered the same fate, as did numerous other articles of a controversial nature that we published later that same week.

Perhaps that censorship decision was made by some ignorant young intern at Twitter, casually choosing to ban as “hate speech” or “fake news” a massively-documented 8,400 word expose by one of America’s most distinguished journalists, a Pulitzer-prize winning former top editor at The New York Times.

Or perhaps certain political-puppeteers who had spent decades controlling that late Arizona senator sought to ensure that their political puppet-strings remained invisible even after his death." [added the sections you strategically omitted.]

The “Related Reading” at the end of the article lists these sources:

John McCain and the POW Cover-Up by Sydney Schanberg
                        John McCain: When “Tokyo Rose” Ran for President
                        Pizzagate by Aedon Cassiel
                        What We Know About Pizzagate So Far by Tara McCarthy
                        Precedents for Pizzagate by Aedon Cassiel

[added the links you strategically omitted.]

Here are a few Snopes “fact checks” about Senator McCain.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...in-war-crimes/
                        https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...lton-songbird/
                        https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...uss-forrestal/
                        Hey DC, could it be? I'm starting to tuh tuh think suh suh science is...ruh ruh racist!

Originally posted by dcarrigg View Post
                        There's something about it, isn't there?...
                        Originally posted by dcarrigg View Post
                        Leave it to the red hand (sorry, can't type, too Irish, got to go back to grunting and banging rocks on cave walls now):

http://www.unz.com/wp-content/upload...eIQ-Table1.gif

Last edited by Woodsman; August 23, 2019, 07:47 AM. Reason: Added text and links the Ellenz strategically omitted

Comment

this morning, as i wondered a bit about where the truth might be about john mccain's history, i found myself thinking of patrick moynihan's line that you're entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts. unfortunatley we no longer live in that world.

then i signed on and read ellen's and dc's posts. was it the swift boat stuff that really marked a change? of course lies about political opponents have a long, long history but somehow the scale has changed. now it's the big lie- but i suppose that goes back at least to goebbels. what a world!

ps i live in ct. a colleague of my wife's lives in sandy hook, a block or two from the school where the 6 year olds were shot. it's amazing to me that such an event could be turned into a conspiracy theory. there is no longer any source of information which is overwhelmingly respected. that's a problem. anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers- it's interesting these people are happy to make heavy use of technologies which they overwhelmingly do not begin to understand [how many know what boolean logic is?], and consider themselves competent to to make sweeping judgements dismissing scientific findings. i loved a little video i came across of buzz aldrin, an old man, punching out a young moon-landing-denier.
                          Last edited by jk; August 23, 2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                            this morning, as i wondered a bit about where the truth might be about john mccain's history, i found myself thinking of patrick moynihan's line that you're entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts. unfortunatley we no longer live in that world.
                            No, we still live in that world. You just have to work a bit harder these days to separate out facts from opinion masquerading as facts.

This is opinion -- I suspect as facts become more widely known that history will not treat John McCain kindly.

Also opinion -- Snopes has become an unreliable website to verify facts.

Comment

Lol, whatever you say Johnny Reb.

Keep convincing yourself we'll all just curl up in a little ball and shiver at the "facts" every time one of those orangemen makes a chart. Especially one like Lynn who advocated forced sterilization for Irish Catholics not so very long ago. Cracks me up you think folks are gonna sit around and "debate" that shit.

Vae victis.

Last edited by dcarrigg; August 23, 2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X