Trump V Al Sharpton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump V Al Sharpton

Its easy to see Trump's plan ..............."wind up" EVERY Far Left DNC member he can & try to spark a reaction........so the DNC is seen as "AOC/Al Sharpton" & no one else
    Mike

Re: Trump V Al Sharpton

Imagine if Scotland had a population of 60 million and the city of london was somewhere in it. Then imagine Boris passed Thatcher's poll tax just like she did, only in Scotland. Might clear up some dynamics I think are starting to take shape.

Comment

The DNC NEEDS to get in front of this, I think Trump has played this too early..............

Comment

Looks to me the White House is the Republicans to lose. But with nobody in the Republican camp willing to speak out about their increasingly out of control President, lose it they will. So far the distasteful Republican has looked better than the even more distasteful Democrat options (except in coastal California and NY). Not any more it would seem.

The latest nonsense around the China trade talks is telling. Trump would appear to have scuttled any prospect of progress with his intemperate tweets even before the US delegation landed in Shanghai. If I was Mnuchin I'd have composed my resignation letter on the plane ride home.

Comment

People still don't get Trump, the game he fights.........he like Larry Flint only right wing.

Howard Dean might have been a good choice, but he ran too soon...............if I were a DNC insider I accept that Trump will win..........get ALL the Loony left to fill centre stage..........then have one HELL of a clear out after the election. Start to rebuild, tell the public that the Russia thing WAS bulshit, start to fight SJW's........start to back working class America in the "Fly over states".......

Mike

Comment

Good friend of mine went to Riverdale with Mnuchin as a kid, along with some of the Kennedys, etc. Word was his brother Alan was popular and well-liked. Steve was the sniveling dweeb on the tennis team. Speculation was a lot of his actions since have all been about showing up big brother and flexing power in front of the Manhattan wealth crew. Trump sort of surrounded himself with these sorts of wealthy misfits with chips on their shoulders.

By the way, Alan and Steve's daddy Robert was a partner at Goldman Sachs; he ran the equities division. And Alan and Steve just happen to walk out of Yale into jobs at...Goldman Sachs. I'm sure they were both the best qualified candidates for the job and it had nothing to do with nepotism at all... PS: Steve's job was head of the mortgage securities division. And after the mortgage crash, he bought up all the CDOs he could and took over the ashes of IndyMac. Top quality ethics right there...

Comment

"Top quality ethics"
              Where else would you expect to find this guy - Wall Street and Washington DC - Choir boys need not apply. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
                "Top quality ethics"
                Where else would you expect to find this guy - Wall Street and Washington DC - Choir boys need not apply. ;-)
                Oh hell no they don't. But there are killers out there who might nevertheless resign out of honor. The thieves have none.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarrigg View Post
                  Oh hell no they don't. But there are killers out there who might nevertheless resign out of honor. The thieves have none.
                  +1

Precisely. That he didn't resign is exactly the issue. How freaking self-serving do you have to to be, and why is there anybody left in the White House working with this President, other than Ivanka and her husband.

Comment

Ah, the DNC is thinking............use this election cycle to dump them

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
                      +1

Precisely. That he didn't resign is exactly the issue. How freaking self-serving do you have to to be, and why is there anybody left in the White House working with this President, other than Ivanka and her husband.
                      I thought this about Carson too. It's hard to put into words how beloved Ben was in the city of Baltimore. An entire generation grew up looking up to him. He just got kicked off a church lawn in his home town. I haven't seen a man burn his natural base so badly since Curt Shilling. And for what?

Comment

DNC isn't thinking. What you're witnessing is different regions slugging it out for control. There next to Tucker's mug is New England arm in arm with one vision. You get another slightly to the right of it from California, along with a couple California space cadets. Texas is the only thing keeping another couple moderates alive. You got a couple governors from the mountain Northwest. And then you get a few mostly-moderates from Colorado, as well as the mid-west and mid-atlantic. And there's a couple quixotic New Yorkers. And there you have it. That's the race in a nutshell. Whose party is it? Time will tell.

But the game ain't about polls. And it also ain't about population. The delegate allocation is skewed hard. New York is worth more than Texas, even though Texas has 10 million more people. Biden clearly has the most support now. But it's a whopping 5 Senators and 3 Governors. Klobuchar has 1 Governor and 1 Senator. Booker has 1 Governor and 1 Senator. Harris has 1 Governor. Warren has 1 Senator. Sanders has 1 Senator.

That's it.

9 Senators and 5 Governors have pledged support to someone running.
                        5 Senators and 2 Governors are in the race.
                        The other 33 Dem Senators and 15 Governors are still on the sidelines.

People are pulling and consolidating support from their home states. But this time ain't a coronation like 2016. It might still turn into one. It's early yet. But it ain't right now.

So Biden has Delaware locked up. Booker has New Jersey. Pennsylvania's up for grabs caught between them.
                        New York is totally fractured. Cuomo's backing Biden. Senator Gillibrand's in the race for now. So is the Mayor of NYC.
                        Harris has most of California locked down, but Biden peeled Senator Feinstein and a few other lower people to her right off.
                        Beto has most of what Democrats there are in Texas locked down, although Castro has a few.
                        Klobuchar has the whole Democratic-Farmer-Laborer party in Minnesota locked up.
                        Warren has Massachusetts locked up for now, as Sanders has Vermont. Biden might peel off a bit of New England centrists in Connecticut and Maine. But eventually I suspect the region will coalesce around one of the two of them.
                        Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, these are big spots that are totally in play.
                        Biden probably has the South for now. We'll see if he can hold it.
                        The Mountain and Plains folks are mostly keeping their powder dry.

And that's about the long and short of it I think.

Traditionally, most of the nominees over the last 100 years consolidate either Massachusetts, New York, or Illinois, and pull the surrounding regions which are disproportionately heavily weighted in the delegate counts. Occasionally Minnesota or Texas cracks it. No other state pops up more than once. Doesn't mean it can't be done. But odds are if someone can consolidate one of those three regions, they'll be players. I think New York's probably gonna stay fractured through 2020. And if both Warren and Sanders stay in and keep polling at about the same rate, New England won't consolidate either. That leaves Chicago and that area up for grabs. If someone can consolidate it, they'll be in pretty damn good shape.

Of course, all the pageantry and "debates" and New Hampshire diners and Iowa fairs will play in too. But in the end of the day, there's a few machines that matter more than the rest, and if you can crank them, you're gonna be tough to beat in an environment where so much is up for grabs. And all the polls show about a quarter of people backing all but certain losers. There also might be someone who hasn't hopped in yet that changes the game. I'm all but certain the Illinois delegation has to have it in their brains that they could tilt the scales if the right person came along. Biden, Harris, Warren and Sanders seem to be the only 4 registering in the double-digits in both Iowa and New Hampshire for the time being. But we're 6+ months out. So we'll see.

Comment

doesn't matter. trump will win against any of them unless recession blossoms into full flower by a year from now. if so the dem will win, whoever that might be.

Comment

You remember this? I'm not sure how much faith I put in models, but the p values are always tighter when the input is delta real disposable personal income rather than simply delta gdp. And the most significant input tends to be the delta over the last quarter preceding the election.

Comment

I must caution you guys, I recall the 1980's.............both Thatcher & Ray-gun had MEGA recessions, they won over & over.........both the DNC & Labour of the time were far worst.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X