Default Silver Spikes

3% today !
    What gives?
    Mike

Default Re: Silver Spikes

More up again!
    Mike

Did you invest in silver Mike? Are you capturing some of this run up?
    I could not bring myself to pull the trigger,despite what looks like an obvious set up for a silver rally.

I held silver for 10+ years, it ran from low $20 up to $45 ish as I recall................EJ BEGGED me to sell as it was bubble, I didn't because I was keen to hold non assits . It didn't just fall....it crashed!

I wish I could buy into his firm, but I can't see away to do it from Liverpool

Mike

I posted on other threads about the historically high gold/silver ratio.
    I've been poking around trying to understand it, and decided that the ratio will never be going back to long term historical norms.
    Worldwide silver production just keeps growing relentlessly, while demand is mainly for industrial uses, and there is not much chance of a swift upturn in the global economy.
    Silver is about $16/oz as I type this. Any upside might be to a price like $20 or $25, but I can't see any reason to expect $40 again.

Up to $24...........back to $18 then up to $39
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    I held silver for 10+ years, it ran from low $20 up to $45 ish as I recall................EJ BEGGED me to sell as it was bubble, I didn't because I was keen to hold non assits . It didn't just fall....it crashed!

I wish I could buy into his firm, but I can't see away to do it from Liverpool

Mike

Mike, did you invest in physical silver? From the chart, silver dumped big time in 2008, dropping from $17 to $9. Were you there at that time? Was it possible to buy $9 or $10 silver?

As I recall I bought in at $13 ish, but do remember the was $2.10 ish.........thus a did/doing ok.

Mike

As I recall I bought in at $13 ish, but do remember the was $2.10 ish.........thus a did/doing ok.

Mike

Would the sterling pound rebound after brexit? I don't know much about Brexit, but in most cases, the uncertainly is worst than the actual event.

GRG55 is online now iTulip High Commissioner, Select Premium Member, Canada and Persian Gulf

Quote Originally Posted by touchring View Post
    Would the sterling pound rebound after brexit? I don't know much about Brexit, but in most cases, the uncertainly is worst than the actual event.
    The dithering over Brexit makes one wonder how these people ever ran an Empire...

Not many Neo-Libs to deal with back in those days!
    My Late Father told me of "Empire day" when we would thank the Good Lord for making us Top Dogs............

Not many Neo-Libs to deal with back in those days!
    My Late Father told me of "Empire day" when we would thank the Good Lord for making us Top Dogs............
    Britain needs a donald trump?

...Here by Thursday I believe.

I don't really know much about brexit, but even as an outsider, I can see that the eu is getting unstable and has no future.
    Last edited by touchring; 07-22-19 at 01:01 PM.

EU is fundamentally flawed in its design. But I don't expect an imminent collapse. There are 28 member states. 13 of them have joined since 2004. Largely the story of the past 15 years has been the rapid expansion of the EU. Even if the UK leaves, it'll have gained twice the population over the past 15 years than it lost. Lots of new members are in the east. And they just gotta pick the lesser of two evils. It's suckle up to Mutti, or risk getting carved up and eaten alive like Ukraine.

jk is online now Shadow Fed, iTulip Select Member, The Brain

as the u.s. is finding germany less and less hospitable [note nordstream and also germany passing on participation in various military/economic warfare actions] the u.s. has started locating forward elements in poland and the baltics. former soviet bloc countries have the greatest reluctance to cozy up to russia. otoh there's the example of hungary's orban who seems to be increasingly friendly with putin. some have also re-instituted travel barriers because of immigrant concern, but in contravention of the schengen agreement. i think brussels will become increasingly weakened and eu a looser grouping. the real problem in the euro, and what if anything happens with italy.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
    Did you invest in silver Mike? Are you capturing some of this run up?
    I could not bring myself to pull the trigger,despite what looks like an obvious set up for a silver rally.

Are you getting physical silver? If so, the low premium silver in 10 oz or smaller sizes are already in short supply. I just checked major dealers online, there is probably less than 20 or 30 million dollars worth of low premium silver that can be purchased online in the entire usa.

Am Ok right now............Can you get me any "EJ's" ?
    Mike