Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gold, place your bets!

Originally posted by jk View Post
    i'm just saying it doesn't cost nothing.
    I know. If it gets too difficult, start all over again with a new coin. The sky's the limit.

Comment

Returning to Gold.......what about Gold producers?
      Barrick Gold?

Mike

Comment

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/p...,GOLD,gdx,gdxj

drag the time scale to start at the 2015 lows. you'll see that the miners have been far outperforming the metal, but with a lot more volatility

Comment

YYEESSSS..................Didn't answer the question though

To Buy or not to buy?
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
            https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/p...,GOLD,gdx,gdxj

drag the time scale to start at the 2015 lows. you'll see that the miners have been far outperforming the metal, but with a lot more volatility
            That is really interesting and useful. I've heard that gdxj etf is more volatile than the metal, but I've never seen a chart like this one.
            If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen Z View Post
              That is really interesting and useful. I've heard that gdxj etf is more volatile than the metal, but I've never seen a chart like this one.
              I have cheched, if you set for a longer timeframe (november 2009-june 2019) gold is up 20%. Miners are way down, some 20%, other 60%. Watch out!!!

Comment

Mining crypto is more profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Southernguy View Post
                  I have cheched, if you set for a longer timeframe (november 2009-june 2019) gold is up 20%. Miners are way down, some 20%, other 60%. Watch out!!!
                  otoh you could say that therefore miners are more of a buy. i hold mostly phys, but i have some money in gdx and gdxj. [those 2 are hardly different these days, btw. gdxj was supposedly about junior miners, but the etf got so big it couldn't hold much in the juniors without setting off takeover clauses in canadian securities regs.]

Comment

gdx is high beta gold. go to stockcharts.com and do a performance chart of $gold,gdx,$spx. from the peak in 2011 to the trough in 2016, gdx goes down more than gold. from the trough in 2016 to current gdx goes UP more than gold, but also with a LOT more volatility. this why i have a little bit of gdx and gdxj, but only a little bit. it adds a little spice to your gold holdings,

Comment

............so buy Brarrick Gold?
                      Mike

Comment

when compared with those assets that penalize its owners (aka, negative-yielding bonds), here is a visual of gold in white and the dollar amount of negative-yielding bonds in orange.”

Note: Cumberland Advisors has produced the following chart in-house to reflect current conditions as of 4pm June 25, 2019 and to avoid any possible copyright issue. It accurately tracks Peter Boockvar's comments and original visual usage.

Peter Boockvar is the Chief Investment Officer at Bleakly Financial Group Group, a financial planning and wealth management firm,

Comment

That is an amazing correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
                            That is an amazing correlation.
                            considering the fed has been preparing us for the possibility of nirp [e.g. talking about the EFFECTIVE lower bound instead of the ZERO lower bound], it looks like gold has a lot of room to run.

Comment

here's another amazing correlation

Bitcoin remains fairly valued according to my avocado-based pricing model, even after rising past $11,000.

1:53 AM - 25 Jun 2019

Comment

is there a pure play in guacamole?

Avocado prices are still going nuts and they surged another 7% just on Wednesday https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-26/waiting-for-cheaper-avocados-don-t-hold-your-toast-for-it …

Comment

Working...
                                X