X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mueller report summary released by Barr

No collusion

No certainty of any obstruction but no exoneration either

However both Barr and Rosenstein conclude no evidence to conclude obstruction either.

The summary:

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf

Re: Mueller report summary released by Barr

Lets be frank
    There was NEVER any Russian hacking etc going on, nothing ....zero....zip

The DNC lost what was a "Slam dunk" ..........they lost because:-

A. "Bill" offshore-ing working class jobs
    b. Hillary a nasty bitch
    c. Mass unchecked imports of people.

Now there is no way on earth the DNC was going to "Fess up" to any of that...........so they and their Blood brothers in the MSM had to come up with Russia-gate bulsh1t .

Mike

Comment

Not true. The Russians did hack and tried hard to influence the election.

However the report concluded to collusion and the DOJ can't find evidence to obstruct either.

Comment

VT
        Have you ever had to write a report & try to hide that fact you found Zip even though you were TOLD to find "Something" ?

..............I have

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
          Lets be frank
          There was NEVER any Russian hacking etc going on, nothing ....zero....zip

Mike

Today Attorney General Barr sent a four-page letter to the chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate Judiciary Committees.

The letter describes successful Russian efforts to influence the 2016 elections, including “two main Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election. The first involved attempts by a Russian organization, the Internet Research Agency (IRA), to conduct disinformation and social media operations in the United States designed to sow social discord, eventually with the aim of interfering with the election....The second element involved the Russian government's efforts to conduct computer hacking operations designed to gather and disseminate information to influence the election. The Special Counsel found that Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons affiliated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks.”

The Special Counsel brought criminal charges against a number of Russian nationals and entities in connection with these activities, including Russian military officers who conspired to hack into computers in the United States. “The Special Counsel did not find that any U.S. person or Trump campaign official or associate conspired or knowingly coordinated with [the Russians] in these efforts,” the letter says.

Here is a link to the full letter:
          https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...er-report.html
          If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
            No collusion

No certainty of any obstruction but no exoneration either

However both Barr and Rosenstein conclude no evidence to conclude obstruction either.

The summary:

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf
            This whole thing has been a big sideshow for 2 years, and I never really understood how or why so many people (especially media and a certain breed of rank-and-file Democrats) got so wrapped up in it. There was always a 0% chance Mueller was going to do anything to Trump. For all the talking heads spinning up the idea of any DOJ prosecutor indicting a sitting US President, that was never going to happen no matter what the report found. The worst possible outcome for President Trump was at most a recommendation for impeachment. And the House would have gone through the motions. And there'd still be a 0% chance 2/3 of the Senate would vote to convict with Chief Justice Roberts presiding. Anyone who really thought about it had to realize that, which is why Speaker Pelosi, whatever anyone thinks of her, was right all along to not recommend impeachment and to try to tamp down some of the wilder viewpoints out there. I think the Trump/Ryan tax cuts were very bad policy. And the President obviously surrounded himself with some problematic people. So far I still rate him better than George W. And it's early yet. But that's coming from me.

Still, I think we're so polarized now that a huge chunk of the country is never going to believe Barr's letter if they don't release the report with relatively minimal redactions. And obviously the legal troubles are not over. It seems to me there were a couple schemes happening among some of the players here, even if the President had nothing personally to do with them. One revolves around nuclear power investments in the Middle East. Another revolves around production in the Leviathan gas field. There might be a couple others going on. And I suspect Flynny genuinely thought these were good things to move forward on strategically, but got either sloppy or greedy or both along the way. And it seems like there's plenty of good, plain, vanilla financial and strategic reasons everyone from Russian to Turkish to Israeli to other regional countries' intelligence players would want to push projects like that forward. And there's just as many good, plain, vanilla reasons why standing US policy could get in the way. So these sorts of things will play out over the next couple of years. But I suspect the full report would make that clear. The GRU might have some spam influence factory going on. And separately some movement around a Trump Moscow deal might have been going on. And in the course of investigating collusion, he could have come across these other schemes too that don't have to be necessarily Trump Org business related.

This is probably a result of simply being the first non-politician president with a multi-national business empire. Most of the more legitimate bureaucrats and political campaign operatives on the up-and-up probably weren't lining up to jump on the Trump Train, even as they were lining up to work for Jeb! or Rubio. So the people applying were likely more fringe and less vetted and some looking to use the campaign as an opportunity to leverage their own business ventures. Manafort is sort of notorious locally for that, although the man does have a win record. If there's a lesson out of this for future politicians, it's probably to avoid hiring high-level staff who are running multinational consulting firms simultaneously. Probably there should be a firewall there. But the the last 30 or 40 years have been about breaking all those old firewalls. So things get messier all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarrigg View Post
              Speaker Pelosi, whatever anyone thinks of her, was right all along to not recommend impeachment and to try to tamp down some of the wilder viewpoints out there.
              +1
              If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Comment

Very much how non-DNC people see it:-
                https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eful-hoax.html

............& now its Trumps turn on Hillary & co
                Mike

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen Z View Post
                      +1
                      Again. Today reminded me of this post. And I appreciated your +1. So I'm back, again. Nothing new. Just being in this place.

Comment

Get out your popcorn. We will see unfolding over the work from three key attorneys working for the Barr multiple results of investigations over FISA abuses, potential indictments of key DOJ, FBI, State Department, and Intelligence officials from the Obama administration. There are maybe 10 or more rogue individuals at risk.

I have no idea where this leads. Maybe mistakes in judgements all the way to a carefully crafted conspiracy to keep from being elected. to the unseating of a duly elected President. This could be the biggest scandal in American history. Nothing would surprise me now.

I don't like either party or any candidates, plus the two who ran in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
                          Get out your popcorn. We will see unfolding over the work from three key attorneys working for the Barr multiple results of investigations over FISA abuses, potential indictments of key DOJ, FBI, State Department, and Intelligence officials from the Obama administration. There are maybe 10 or more rogue individuals at risk.

I have no idea where this leads. Maybe mistakes in judgements all the way to a carefully crafted conspiracy to keep from being elected. to the unseating of a duly elected President. This could be the biggest scandal in American history. Nothing would surprise me now.

I don't like either party or any candidates, plus the two who ran in 2016.
                          There are few things that indicate how captured the political system really is than the repeated "family dynasty" candidates for the highest elected office in a land of 325 million people. And how normalized that deviance has become for so many public officials and influencers.
                          We are now suffering (greatly!) from the same affliction in Canada.

Comment

UK view on things:-
                            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-trashed.html

Comment

It was never gonna turn out any other way. Anyone who ever watched him testify in the past knew that.

Comment

Working...
                              X