Mega's Dog has a fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega's Dog has a fit

I owned a lot of dogs over my years, Whipet, Staff bullterror 2 German Shepards & a Hybrid Husky/GSD.............all had long heathly lives.

Yesterday marks something of a watershed, my Dog Bella fell to the floor & had a full blown fit.

I just returned from a walk & found her walking odd/puppet on a string like......she was sick in the back garden..........then I went to the loo. Suddenly as I put the tea on I heard a great crash from outside. Bella was throwing herself against a larger iron gate. She then fell to the floor forming at the mouth & lying on her side "running". It was very distressing for all present & I rang the vet at once.

He didn't think she had eaten anything toxic but never the less I got her onto his exam table less then 8 minates after the attack ended.

Ok, Good news..............she recovered, GSD are known to have fits from time to time.....she 6-7 years old & have got this far without one before he thinks its likely to be a rare event.

Lets hope so................keep you posted.
    Mike

Re: Mega's Dog has a fit

Originally posted by Mega View Post
    I owned a lot of dogs over my years, Whipet, Staff bullterror 2 German Shepards & a Hybrid Husky/GSD.............all had long heathly lives.

Yesterday marks something of a watershed, my Dog Bella fell to the floor & had a full blown fit.

I just returned from a walk & found her walking odd/puppet on a string like......she was sick in the back garden..........then I went to the loo. Suddenly as I put the tea on I heard a great crash from outside. Bella was throwing herself against a larger iron gate. She then fell to the floor forming at the mouth & lying on her side "running". It was very distressing for all present & I rang the vet at once.

He didn't think she had eaten anything toxic but never the less I got her onto his exam table less then 8 minates after the attack ended.

Ok, Good news..............she recovered, GSD are known to have fits from time to time.....she 6-7 years old & have got this far without one before he thinks its likely to be a rare event.

Lets hope so................keep you posted.
    Mike
    Godspeed, Mike. Wish the best for Bella. Long time ago I had a Dalmatian who would get occasional seizures that sound something like that. They increased in frequency a bit with age, but they were somewhat rare events. He lived to 13 until cancer got him. Here's hoping the fit's just a one-off.

Comment

Re: Mega's Dog has a fit

Thanks
      Very upsetting indeed but 48 hours on & nothing...............she get me up 6 months ago @ 02:30 am I thought some had broken in......I found no signs of that but I found a chair knocked over......I thought she just had a nightmare.......may be it was fit.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X