Brexit shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit shocker!

Was watching a goverment minster this moring saying that the vote WOULD go ahead & on live TV She cut the ground under him!

Re: Brexit shocker!

Originally posted by Mega View Post

Was watching a goverment minster this moring saying that the vote WOULD go ahead & on live TV She cut the ground under him!
    The politics have officially crossed the pond, thanks to Priti Patel. Petition going around demanding our Senators refuse to consent to any trade agreement with the post-Brexit UK if they violate Good Friday. Don't forget that it was a US Senator that chaired the talks in George Mitchell. I think Bobby McDonough's piece in the Guardian today has it right. By letting the DUP tail wag the dog of the entire UK, that hand is being badly overplayed, and the rest of the world will call the bluff. But maybe not. Maybe the EU quakes in its boots and sells out Ireland and proves it's totally useless. But I can't for the life of me see why they'd have any incentive whatsoever to do so. How long you figure May has now?

Comment

I be honest trying to know what is shadow play & what is real is hard to suss out................she is holed under water line, she will sink just how long?........7 days

Comment

How about this UK crashes out, needs a US deal deal (+big help) US sez "Ok Limey, but the price is untied Ireland"

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
          How about this UK crashes out, needs a US deal deal (+big help) US sez "Ok Limey, but the price is untied Ireland"
          There are tens of millions of plastic paddies here. Maybe 10% of the US or so. Concentrated enough in the northeast to demand things from maybe a dozen of 100 Senators. Maybe even gum up the works on a treaty or two if you have one or two placed on the right committees or in leadership. Might be enough for US to say price is a vote before a wall goes up if the Irish asked for it. Doubt you'd get more out of Uncle Sam. But they're already talking about it on the streets of New Haven. If I were a Tory MP, I'd be careful to not be seen as bullying Ireland in the process. The more they do, even with only words, the more complicated everything becomes, before, during and after Brexit. I imagine things aren't much different in a few of the commonwealth countries either. A month ago, most folks I'd run into around here didn't give a crap about Brexit. Now the most common sentiment I hear is concern about the future of Ireland. I'm not sure what that's worth, or what exactly it'll mean. And maybe it's just partly because the anniversary of the agreement just came to pass. But for what it's worth, the shift is noticeable.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X