Thread: Dropped by to say "Hi"

Hybrid View

Default Dropped by to say "Hi"

Hope everyone is doing well, and not letting the maddness of current politics get to your mental health.

The good news is that the political class is just a layer in the system, a public or retail facing layer to the public. It's meant to keep you confused, anxious, and in a state a perpetual fear so that your brain's Amygdala will allow the embedding of propaganda. Hence, the irrational emotional response we're seeing from so many. This is how we respond when confronted with situations that conflict with our emotional programming. It's totally irrational, as it acts upon the fear or flight centers of the brain. Rationality and logic won't appeal to this part of the brain, only emotional shock can. So, we have an army of people, with a range of emotionally based perspectives embedded in their brain's wiring, all reacting to world that they can't comprehend. What a mess

Anyway, the Kavanaugh hearings got me thinking about this place. So, thought I'd drop by and say "hi", and say I miss the dialog here. But I promise I am focused on meaningful things, stuff that will actually create real impact globally in disciplines that I think many here would understand and appreciate. We're taking on some big players, and we are doing it in a way that they won't be able to put the Genie back in the bottle. Wish us luck.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Default Re: Dropped by to say "Hi"

Great to hear from your reggie!
    Keep fighting the good fight. Yes, the amygdala response is a powerful tool; I see it at the center of much of our discord.

I for one would love some links or search term to catch up to your current view of things.

jk is online now Shadow Fed, iTulip Select Member, The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
    Great to hear from your reggie!
    Keep fighting the good fight. Yes, the amygdala response is a powerful tool; I see it at the center of much of our discord.

I for one would love some links or search term to catch up to your current view of things.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jk View Post
    +1
    +2

Hiya, Reggie. Nice to hear from you.

I agree with your take on all the amygdala prodding that's been going on. So much fear being generated to manipulate people into pulling one lever or another. Do post some links if you have the time...

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

As an outsider who only glances at headlines news without looking into the details, it appears to me that everything that the Democrats do now has boomerang. Maybe doing or saying nothing until Nov 6 is better?

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/d...ative-american

Good to hear you're doing interesting work, reggie!

Nice to hear from you again Reggie.
    Come back soon.
    CB