Quote Originally Posted by dcarrigg View Post
...The other day, in casual conversation, Yankee liberals--professionals in their 40s--were talking with me on the deck in hushed voices about the prospect of taking up arms over the Sanctuary Cities stuff. Mayors are in open rebellion across the north from Boston to Chicago. It reminded me of the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850, in that northern states and cities are being forced by the Federal Government to round people up and ship them out against the will of most of their people, and forcing northern police to cooperate against the will of mayors and city councils. These new ICE raids are making everybody's trigger finger itchy.

Nothing riles Yankee blood up harder than being forced to commit what they consider a sin. If they wanted 'the libs' pissed off, this summer, they've got what they wanted. John Brown gun clubs are popping up all over the place. They were marching armed locally on the 4th with signs about closing the asylum detention camps. You can lose your class a license to carry in Mass for shit like that. But the police chief didn't come down on them. I've met 2 kids so far, white suburban boys in their early 20s, who have, without anyone's approval, up and gone to Kurdistan to fight for Rojava. They are back and training less radical people for what they believe is the coming war at home...
Officials and private citizens who arrogate for themselves the power to obstruct immigration enforcement pose a serious threat to the safety of the American people and the rule of law. And they will be dealt with as have other Massachusetts officials who choose to take the law into their own hands.

Only Congress has plenary authority over immigration and any changes must come through the legislative process per Art. I, Sec.8, cl. 4 of the US Constitution. Only the Executive has the authority to direct the manner in which immigration laws are enforced. Full stop.

If the seditious and terroristic talk you overheard about "taking up arms" manifests or incites any actions, the actors will meet the same fate as John Brown and the copycats like the ANTIFA terrorist who firebombed the ICE facility in Tacoma.

If these folks are your friends, you would be good to discourage them of these notions.

In an indictment filed with the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts on April 25, 2019, Massachusetts District Court Judge Shelley Richmond Joseph and Massachusetts Trial Court Officer Wesley MacGregor were charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice; obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting; and obstruction of a federal proceeding, aiding and abetting. MacGregor was also charged with perjury. Those charges arose out of their alleged efforts to assist a twice-deported alien evade arrest by a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officer.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Judge-Court-O...bstructing-ICE