the strong usd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the strong usd

Neither I or Woodsman whistle dixie, so please stop referring to racism. It is an affront to me.

You haven't answered my question about why we should be looked at negatively for supporting legal immigrants that are being cheated on by those breaking the law and getting in line ahead of those to obey the law.

You haven't answered of how diversity is being destroyed.

I feel this is a blatant move by the Democrats to bring in a million new Democratic voters while falsely accusing those who oppose as racist. This is outrageous.

It's the left that is violent element, Antifa is violent storm troopers. There is little violence on the right. Conservatives hate Nazis and KKK, Don't dare call any conservatives racists. The lies of the left and and main street media have been found totally false.

There are three key investigations ongoing about the 2016 elections. A few rogue individuals in the FBI, DOJ, State Department and Intelligence agencies, which may have created the biggest scandal in American History. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
      There is little violence on the right.

Charlottesville would beg to differ.

Comment

A bunch of radical right wing racists fighting a very large number of left wing criminals. One incident.

The left is violent on multiple fronts. Even peaceful protests for simple free speech.

Conservatives hate the nuts in the rightist radicals.

Comment

this is all a diversion from income inequality and the evisceration of the middle class. abortion wasn't enough, apparently. so now we've got immigration too. that's not to say these are not real issues- they are both real issues. but financial immiseration is the motor driving it all. keep watching the puppet show. who's taking it to the bank?

Comment

Plantation, dixie, ole miss. That's quite a lot of dog whistling for one little post, DC.

Speaking of cities and hills, how many slaves did John Winthrop own again? It's been a while since I've made it to Boston so I forget just how much land Ten Hills Farm, Billerica, Governors Island, and Prudence Island take up. A sizable plantation by any standard, north or south.
            Last edited by Woodsman; July 17, 2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

i hate to interrupt this delightful colloquy about, and exemplifying, the culture wars to return to the subject of this thread that i started, namely the usd, but i think some people might want to read ray dalio's latest about the economic and financial paradigm shift currently occurring. here's a taste:

"Expected returns and risk premiums of non-cash assets are being driven down toward the cash return, so there is less incentive to buy them, so it will become progressively more difficult to push their prices up. At the same time, central banks doing more of this printing and buying of assets will produce more negative real and nominal returns that will lead investors to increasingly prefer alternative forms of money (e.g., gold) or other storeholds of wealth."

he discusses the likelihood of significant money printing and inflation, and poor future real returns to bonds and likely equity as well. he ends the piece explicitly recommending "adding gold to one's portfolio." he leaves it to the reader's imagination to determine how much, but promises a follow up piece discussing that recommendation.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/paradigm-shifts-ray-dalio/
              Last edited by jk; July 17, 2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

So those who can't counter the facts I post try to change the subject?

Here's one for those that bring violence up

1,000s of MS 13 members have come over our porous border the last ten years. Once here comence recruiting children from Central America as young as 11 years old. The theaten these children and their families, Join or else.

The families that have fled all the violence to avoid these animals. Now they find the nightmare has followed them.

The Washington Post had a dozen articles on this in 2016

This is the consequences of open borders.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                  i hate to interrupt this delightful colloquy...
                  This is just a little difference of opinion, is all.

The difference being is that the good Hibernians and old Yankee establishment joining John Brown gun clubs, making seditious conspiracies with lawless lawmen, readying themselves for civil war, well they're just Godly folks doing God's work. Good, liberal professionals conspiring to armed rebellion. White suburban boys fresh from training camps in Syria and Kurdistan radicalizing the less radical, looking to shed some righteous blood.

Everybody else is just evil, with their cruel demands for law and order and their stubborn refusal to submit to their moral exemplars, A Model of Christian Charity to a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post
                    Plantation, dixie, ole miss. That's quite a lot of dog whistling for one little post, DC.

Speaking of cities and hills, how many slaves did John Winthrop own again? It's been a while since I've made it to Boston so I forget just how much land Ten Hills Farm, Billerica, Governors Island, and Prudence Island take up. A sizable plantation by any standard, north or south.
                    You're right, Woodsman. Lincoln was the real villain. Davis was just protecting states' rights. Nothing to see here. Nothing pyrrhic about the southern strategy at all. Speaking of dog whistles, makes me wonder how common the old Lee Atwater death bed conversion really is.

Last edited by dcarrigg; July 18, 2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Nothing says law and order like this Administration. Zinke's alone just about put Teapot Dome to shame. In the eyes of millions, the high ground was ceded long ago, regardless of what either of us thinks. Like I said before, trying to stop Yankees from moralizing is like trying to stop the tide from going out. Might wish all those carpet bagging freedom riders just stayed home and left well enough alone. But they never do.

Hell, look at your boy Rupert's take on the matter. Furious the Speaker of the House is also resisting that law and order you crave. It ain't just antifa kids. It ain't even just congregations and social clubs. It's right down to the core.

Last edited by dcarrigg; July 18, 2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Total bunk. Trying to associate what others and I think when I have given logical examples with facts, and calling such thoughts as racist is an insult to how millions think.

The left are hypocrites. Racist charge are baseless. Don't dare try to associate those that were in the civil rights and anti poverty programs with racism is wrong. Anyone trying to do so should immediately apologize.

I have absolute proof of my fighting racism and religious, race, ethnic background discrimination my entire life.

Comment

So jk, I guess the answer is "no".
                          We can't go back to talking about the US dollar and it's strength relative to other currencies.
                          It'll be all hysterical politics now.

Comment

These pics are from Trump's own Homeland Security Office of Inspector General Report. More people were interned last year than during 1942-1945 combined. This seem okay to you?

Perfectly normal...

Comment

Fair enough. I'll stop.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarrigg View Post
                                You're right, Woodsman. Lincoln was the real villain. Davis was just protecting states' rights. Nothing to see here. Nothing pyrrhic about the southern strategy at all. Speaking of dog whistles, makes me wonder how common the old Lee...
                                I though Catholics believed in redemption, but maybe that's only something reserved for your kind and kin. Atwater tried to pay his debt, though he waited until brain cancer left him a shell of a man. You might want to check out the stories of his confession and repentance as a sort of bookend to that well worn video you keep in your back pocket. Being so quick to cast the first stone, it might not have the same impact on you as it does with us sinners. But there it is all the same.

Speaking of sin and redemption, you think there's any chance you moralizing Yankees and sons of the Emerald Isle will ever stop trying to refight the Civil War? Will there ever come a time when the Battle Hymns go silent and you accept southerners back into the Republic? Because folks down south have moved on to making the world a better place for their posterity. They live together, work together, worship together, black and white.

Now it's far from perfect, not like the racial paradise of New England. Still, somehow they've yet to make their part of the country a rich garden of diversity like Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. But they've done a good job of it so far, considering how many of you northeastern cousins flock to places like Atlanta and Charlotte and Chapel Hill. Maybe y'all can give them a hand up?

How did you moral Yankees absolve yourselves of the sin of slavery, considering you were the first English speaking colonists to bring African slaves to North America in 1619. Our shining city on the hill, Massachusetts, was the first colony to authorize slavery under legal statute in 1641 and good and Godly Yankee slavers made a fortune on the trade until 1866 when the last 500 slaves to be imported arrived in New England. Between the slave trade and the opium trade, New England became the richest corner of the country. They used that righteous cash to industrialize, leaving the southerns to scratch the dirt, and never looked back. It took the South 100 years to return to their prewar economic level and they've yet to achieve parity.

So what sort of indugences did all that cash buy New Englanders that enabled them to wipe the stain of slavery from their breasts? Because folks down south have tried just about everything since the war, reconstruction, and a 150 years of political domination and cultural approbation by our righteous New England merchant and New York banker cousins. They've tried blood, sweat, tears, and nothing seems to clean that spot. It's still the first thing you New England folks see when you lay eyes on them to this day.
                                Last edited by Woodsman; July 18, 2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X