Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soros: US should accept NK as nuclear power

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...orea/23343846/

Does this mean the US should also accept Iran and Hezbollah as nuclear power? Are these dudes even thinking?

Re: Soros: US should accept NK as nuclear power

Well, he do a nice deal with the Nazi in his nation to ship off & kill 400,000 fellow Jews............guess he knows about doing a great "Deal" (For him).
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by touchring
      Does this mean the US should also accept Iran and Hezbollah as nuclear power? Are these dudes even thinking?

what does "accept" mean?

Originally posted by Mega View Post
      Well, he do a nice deal with the Nazi in his nation to ship off & kill 400,000 fellow Jews............guess he knows about doing a great "Deal" (For him).
      Mike
      i don't believe this. reference?

Comment

He said it was the best time of his life!......He ran the IBM system for them!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PUDmLCkgNc

Comment

soros doesn't destroy currencies. his moves point to flaws that already existed- e.g. his famous bet that the uk pound would have to leave "the snake." same story for the baht. if the flaws in those economies and financial arrangements had not existed, he would have lost his "bets."

when the nazis arrived in hungary soros was 14yo in the role of a fake "godson" of a gov't official. given the responsibility you assign him, he obviously [in your mind] was a very powerful 14yo! trailing his "godfather" as a 14yo, knowing that revealing his true identity would lead to a quick trip to a concentration camp, hardly qualifies him as "a collaborator." i accept his self-description of this episode: "i was only a spectator."

further, he did not say in the course of the video you posted that it was the best time of his life, nor that he served any gov't function [as a precocious 14yo], let alone running "the ibm system for them." this last is especially clear, since the first computer, eniac, was not completed until 1946, and was located in philadelphia, pa.

let's at least try to be reality-based in our discussions here.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
            [/COLOR]what does "accept" mean?
            Quoted from cnbc. By accept I think what he means is to remove all sanctions.

But even if the US accepts north korea as a nuclear power, I don't think China will accept hydrogen bombs so close to its borders. Nonetheless, it might be a good bargaining chip to force China to enforce the sanctions.

His intentions however are more for personal gain than peace.

Here's what I guess he is trying to do. Assuming that a big part of Soro's and his fellow allies' businesses and ventures are in Europe and Russia, Trump's focus on North Korea and China don't benefit Soros. What Soros wants is for the US to focus on Europe, Ukraine and scrwe Russia, so that he can grab some concessions to natural resources in return and get some deals done.

It's all about money and power. But what what happens in North Korea is going to affect the Middle East and Israel because Iran and North Korea are good friends. If North Korea becomes a nuclear state, Iran won't lose out either, so eventually you'll still have a nuclear war, and the dudes in the Middle East are a million times crazier than the North Koreans. At least in North Korea, only one man is crazy, the rest are just sheeps.

"The fact of nuclear war is so horrendous that we are trying to ignore it, but it is real," Soros said during a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "Indeed, the United States is set on a course towards nuclear war by refusing to accept that [North] Korea has become a nuclear power."
            https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/25/soro...clear-war.htmlnb
            Last edited by touchring; January 28, 2018, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
              if the flaws in those economies and financial arrangements had not existed, he would have lost his "bets."
              Except they wern't really "bets" and he could not lose.

If you a betting against a currency peg and the peg does not break you don't lose the bet you get your money back as the exchange rate has not changed. If the peg breaks then you can win big so it's a no lose "bet" which isn't really a bet in the true sense of the word.

It's just some people like sorros have connections to borrow the money cheaply to make the bet.

Comment

yeah, he made all his money on the strength of his connections...

from wikipedia

In 1947, Soros immigrated to England and became a student at the London School of Economics.[37] While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. Soros received £40 from a Quaker charity.[38] In a discussion at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council in 2006, Alvin Shuster, former foreign editor of the Los Angeles Times, asked Soros, "How does one go from an immigrant to a financier? ... When did you realize that you knew how to make money?" Soros replied, "Well, I had a variety of jobs and I ended up selling fancy goods on the seaside, souvenir shops, and I thought, that's really not what I was cut out to do. So, I wrote to every managing director in every merchant bank in London, got just one or two replies, and eventually that's how I got a job in a merchant bank."[39] That job was an entry-level position in Singer & Friedlander.

After graduating, Soros found it difficult to get work, and settled for a job as a traveling salesman for a fancy-goods wholesaler selling to retailers in Welsh seaside resorts. He described this period as the "low point of my life," and wrote letters to a number of merchant banks requesting interviews. Many of these ignored him, and others humiliated him in the interviews. He credits his acceptance at Singer and Friedlander to the fact that the managing director was a fellow Hungarian.[41]

In 1954, Soros began his financial career at the merchant bank Singer & Friedlander of London. He worked as a clerk and later moved to the arbitrage department. A fellow employee, Robert Mayer, suggested he apply at his father's brokerage house, F.M. Mayer of New York.[42]

In 1956 Soros moved to New York City, where he worked as an arbitrage trader for F.M. Mayer (1956–59). He specialized in European stocks, which were becoming popular with U.S. institutional investors following the formation of the Coal and Steel Community, which later became the Common Market.[43].

etc
                ------------------

btw, the peg in question was called "the snake," and was not a fixed peg, but a set of ranges within which currencies could change value against the rest of the snake.

since he was heavily levered, if the british pound had strengthened instead of weakening he would have lost a great deal of money.
                ------------

let's try to keep our discussions here reality-based.

Comment

Old men like soros are living in the past. They think that the soviet union still exists and the US is still a superpower. Both are no longer true.

Comment

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...migrants-leave

"let's try to keep our discussions here reality-based. "

YYYYEEESSSS

Comment

Working...
                    X