The British Prime-minster rushes for the Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The British Prime-minster rushes for the Polls

She just called a GE, am told up to 10 days ago she had no intension...........something has spooked her!

Something BIG!!!!
    Mike

Re: The British Prime-minster rushes for the Polls

Yes, Maybe she has seen that we are heading for a hard Brexit and wants the clout to stop it?

Comment

Ok, she been spooked by something.......................my guess is?

US/China are close to a deal ref the MEGA-debts.............as Jim Rickards the IMF will issune SDR's
      The IMF agrees to take 50% of the debts...........however the sting in the tale is that after doing so (& the devalueation/currency reset) The IMF THEN turns around & sez :-
      "Ok, but you guys are NOT going to be allowed to print away your debts"............"here are your bank rates"
      BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!
      Mike

Comment

Doubt anything spooked her. She's a damn fine politician. And she knows the population are ahead of the politicians, as usual. This is her chance to bury Corbyn and Labour, and maybe the Scottish Nationalists too.

Comment

Hmm why bury labour they are doing that all by themselves, this will bring forward Corbyn's demise,
          The SNP is an interesting proposition but I can't see them losing many seats to the Tories.
          UKIP look like they need another purpose but could lessen how many more seats she wins if too soft a Brexit is written in the manifesto.

As for the population they are a bunch of pampered racists.

Comment

Originally posted by Techdread View Post
            Hmm why bury labour they are doing that all by themselves, this will bring forward Corbyn's demise,
            Why do you think this will be the end of Corbyn? Labour party memebers have twice voted for him. Do you think if Labour lose the next election they will think they were wrong to choose him and choose someone else next time? They will think he lost because the rest of the Labour party did not support him and continue plotting how they can get rid of any they have not already deselected.

This is more likely to be the end of the Labour party as we know it than the end of Corbyn. If Labour do badly it seems more likely the right side of labour will split off to form a new party and Corbyn will be left with the Labour party name. Maybe he can merge with the SNP?

Comment

The SNP is an interesting proposition but I can't see them losing many seats to the Tories.
              UKIP look like they need another purpose but could lessen how many more seats she wins if too soft a Brexit is written in the manifesto.

As for the population they are a bunch of pampered racists.
              Yes, from this foreign vantage point Labour does seem to be doing an effective job with the infighting.
              The SNP might be put in the uncomfortable position of having to explain to its voters what the real benefits would be to stay within the EU with its 40% and 50% periphery country youth unemployment rates (and Scotland would be a periphery country) and chronic slow growth.

My wife (who has a British born mother) and I were in the UK most of February. We spent a week in Scotland, north of Edinburgh, where my Polish born father-in-law spent part of his war service years in mechanised armour training before he landed in Normandy with his tank a week after D-Day. We generally stayed away from talking about politics in polite company, but whenever the subject was raised I always asked if anyone knew the name of their EU Parliament representative. Didn't find one who could answer that question. Not one.

As for pampered racists, I am hearing that claim more and more here in Canada too. Even some of the politicians in our Federal Parliament are banging that drum and insisting we need ever more legislation. I am the child of Asian immigrants who couldn't rub two nickels together when they came here. I have 5 brothers. We were the only Asian family in the District when I was growing up and, yes, we did attract the attention of "those sorts", especially in the school yard. But between us we have 7 university degrees, three engineers, a criminal trial lawyer and a professional pilot who flies Boeing 787 Dreamliners for a living among us. How is that possible in a truly racist nation?
              Last edited by GRG55; April 19, 2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Ah...............Labour....YYYEESS

Comment

We do have a "Choice" i guess

Comment

The Prisoner was one of my favourite shows during my youth. Gave me nightmares of a giant ball rolling over me as a kid though.

I always thought these two should have shown up at some point to get No 6 out of there:

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
                      The Prisoner was one of my favourite shows during my youth. Gave me nightmares of a giant ball rolling over me as a kid though.

I always thought these two should have shown up at some point to get No 6 out of there:

Emma Peel and Tara King were always the cherry on top of the camp cake.

But I reckon if you want something done discretely, you call the Sandbaggers:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKg_t-Prhqk

Comment

Yes, from this foreign vantage point Labour does seem to be doing an effective job with the infighting.
                        The SNP might be put in the uncomfortable position of having to explain to its voters what the real benefits would be to stay within the EU with its 40% and 50% periphery country youth unemployment rates (and Scotland would be a periphery country) and chronic slow growth.
                        Poor Scots could have been a Norway instead they had London spend that huge oil endowment on a welfare state.

EU Youth unemployment has a higher correlation the more south you go on the continent, Scotland is not a southern country.

My wife (who has a British born mother) and I were in the UK most of February. We spent a week in Scotland, north of Edinburgh, where my Polish born father-in-law spent part of his war service years in mechanised armour training before he landed in Normandy with his tank a week after D-Day. We generally stayed away from talking about politics in polite company, but whenever the subject was raised I always asked if anyone knew the name of their EU Parliament representative. Didn't find one who could answer that question. Not one.
                        And why should they know? National Governments have a far bigger effect on their lives then the EU. i'm sure if there was a United states of Europe then they would.

As for pampered racists, I am hearing that claim more and more here in Canada too. Even some of the politicians in our Federal Parliament are banging that drum and insisting we need ever more legislation. I am the child of Asian immigrants who couldn't rub two nickels together when they came here. I have 5 brothers. We were the only Asian family in the District when I was growing up and, yes, we did attract the attention of "those sorts", especially in the school yard. But between us we have 7 university degrees, three engineers, a criminal trial lawyer and a professional pilot who flies Boeing 787 Dreamliners for a living among us. How is that possible in a truly racist nation?
                        I glad Einstein did not use that argument when Hitler came to power.

The reason I said pampered racists is that I think immigration was the biggest issue in why we have Brexit, was a big factor in Trumps win and will also pay a big role in the fate of Europe.

Comment

"pampered Racists"...........they won't be pampered for too much longer!

Comment

Poor Scots could have been a Norway instead they had London spend that huge oil endowment on a welfare state.
                            Norway has done a fine job spending its oil wealth creating a welfare state. It had the benefit of a smaller population in relation to its endowment, not unlike Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UAE, all welfare states in the ultimate sense of the word.

EU Youth unemployment has a higher correlation the more south you go on the continent, Scotland is not a southern country...
                            Yes, I am aware that virtually all of the EU is south of Scotland.

And yes it does get worse in the peripheral countries. Scotland isn't one today, but risks becoming one tomorrow. And one does not need to go too far south to witness the problem which I referenced. Last year France's over-25 unemployment rate averaged 8.6%. The under-25 rate was 23.6% of eligible labour force. Maybe not Greek levels, but worth contemplating by those tough, worthy Scots that feel an affinity for those southern neighbours.

Comment

And that what scares me most...

Comment

Working...
                              X