Thread: re: VirZOOM

Threaded View

Default Re: VirZOOM

Quote Originally Posted by bungee View Post
    I think the exact opposite will be true. VR will be for the masses. Reality will be for the privileged. You want to go see Paris or Sydney? Do you have 1000000 million carbon credits? No? Tough, no flight for you. Off you go to the VR suite / holiday resort down the road with you friends / family, put on your VR sets and walk around some concrete place where the VR overlays a 5* hotel and the sights you want to see. Stay there for a day or a week if you want a long holiday. Want to go shopping? Do you have carbon credits to drive your car to the mall or next city? Nope? Sit back on your sofa, put on your VR set and virtually visit the shops.

For the privilaged they will get in their private jets and fly and drive to whereever, enjoy Paris and Sydney free of tourists.

VR addiction will be a future disease. Some people will spend so long in VR that they will forget to eat, start to believe the VR and the people in it are the real world.

If you think people are crazy to rent stuff now (a designer handbag for a week etc) wait until they start renting VR stuff. Look at what people pay now for stuff in games (1's and 0's recorded on a harddisk on a server somewhere). Obviously only the brand owner would be able to rent out VR stuff with their logo on it. The rich would not need a VR handbag, they could buy the real thing on their real trip to Paris and proably get a free VR handbag with the real one to keep it exclusive.

What to do with prisioners 24h a day, stick a VR hedset on them. Schoolchildren, stick a VR headset on them.

There will be a NetFlix of VR. Buy a subscription and get all the VR shows/trips they produce to enjoy with you friends/family.

Just like older people now understand there was a world before the mobile phone this generation will understand there is a world before VR. Younger people will never understand what people did before VR. Went outside in the hot or cold? Stood at airports for hours to get a flight?

VR will be as cheap as a cheap mobile phone/headset and netflix subscription.
    Yesterday I noticed that Peloton filed with the SEC to begin an Initial Public Offering process. I donít know a ton about Peloton, have never tried the platform, but I know a couple guys that have put the sizeable upfront dollars into purchasing a Peloton bike and have spoken highly of the experience. Each of them by the way is fairly well to do. I have tried VirZOOM and am thoroughly enjoying that experience. For a fraction of the price of buying a Peloton bike, at that.

Most folks I come across are initially resistant to new things, many just donít want the hassle or donít understand it so canít be bothered. As VR becomes more everyday and applicable to different things, I suspect the willingness and desire to use it will follow and the best most valuable applications will enjoy tremendous adoption.

Peloton was most recently valued at $4 Billion (yes with a B) and VirZOOM, to me anyway, seems to be a better and lower priced platform with far more diversity and adaptability for future cycle fitness applications.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/pel...re-51559763917
    Last edited by Bundi; 06-06-19 at 07:40 AM.