Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Left/Right Politics, Cartoons & Propaganda Bin

Originally posted by jk View Post
    ps- fwiw, scott adams, who's done a pretty good job predicting trump's rise, believes christie will be the vp.
    I don't think Christie will be the VP pick. Presidential candidates usually pick a VP from a different part of the country to bring in voters who might not vote for them otherwise. Remember Kennedy and LBJ? A NY/NJ ticket doesn't have enough geographical diversity.

A Trump/Paul ticket might have some legs. It would appeal to libertarian leaning "small-r" republicans, conservative democrats and a lot of independents who are tired of endless wars, who want to rein in Wall St, the IRS and trade agreements that kill American jobs.

On another topic, it's too bad Trump went out of his way to call Cruz a liar so many times. Cruz could have been a decent replacement for Antonin Scalia as a Constitutional originalist on the Supreme Court. IMO the court needs someone with a principled originalist perspective for balance.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
      . Remember Kennedy and LBJ?
      remember bill clinton and al gore?

Comment

remember bill clinton and al gore?
        True dat. I like my fantasy better ;-)

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Sorry you have some residual anger issues. Don't know why you wish to be condescending. I certainly don't disrespect you and find value in many of your posts

I have always posted as a more moderate fiscal independent and more towards the socially liberal side. I don't like either party.

I don't agree with the Democrat position on late term abortions or partial birth abortions, which I clearly stated. Most Americans agree with this viewpoint. It has been documented poll after poll.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/9658/amer...-abortion.aspx

I fully support conservation and reduction of fossil fuels. Why does the left continue to oppose nuclear? Yes Obama and some other liberals are now open to nuclear, but the left is strangely opposed to this solution to global warming.

Comment

I certainly do not support Trump. Of all the Republican field the only one closest to my views is Kasich. It is ironic that he seems to be the one that runs strongest against Clinton. Of the Democrats I could support a Mark Warner for example as well as some others. Ideally I would want an independent not part of either party.

However you can't ignore the Trump phenomena. He has taken over the Republican party as the master of persuasion. Yes he has gone after the white vote. But I can see him finding a way to split off some of the black and other non white vote too.

If Trump gets the nomination he'll being going up against Clinton who is drawing small crowds and has a number of weaknesses. Trump may surprise with ways to beat Clinton.

The Democrats will wind up wishing they'd supported Biden.

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
              I certainly do not support Trump. Of all the Republican field the only one closest to my views is Kasich. It is ironic that he seems to be the one that runs strongest against Clinton. Of the Democrats I could support a Mark Warner for example as well as some others. Ideally I would want an independent not part of either party.
              I like Kashich too, for his demeanor if nothing else.

However you can't ignore the Trump phenomena. He has taken over the Republican party as the master of persuasion. Yes he has gone after the white vote. But I can see him finding a way to split off some of the black and other non white vote too.
              If he can stop the incipient racism in his campaign he might be able to persuade enough minorities that electing him will bring good jobs back to the country.

If Trump gets the nomination he'll being going up against Clinton who is drawing small crowds and has a number of weaknesses. Trump may surprise with ways to beat Clinton.

The Democrats will wind up wishing they'd supported Biden.
              I think the MSM has been digging up dirt on Trump but is holding back until he gets the nomination. Then they're going to make headlines of every damning thing they've got on him to swing the vote to Hillary. That is, of course, if she avoids prosecution for that long. If she's seen as too much of a liability she'll get the axe and Biden will step in. For the establishment Dems it's "anyone but Sanders."

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
                I think the MSM has been digging up dirt on Trump but is holding back until he gets the nomination. Then they're going to make headlines of every damning thing they've got on him to swing the vote to Hillary. That is, of course, if she avoids prosecution for that long. If she's seen as too much of a liability she'll get the axe and Biden will step in. For the establishment Dems it's "anyone but Sanders."
                Wall Street loves her and so does K Street. It wouldn't surprise me if the Koch Bros couldn't be swung her way. The election can be bought for a billion or so and eight years of Hillary will be worth trillions.

Comment

Originally posted by santafe2 View Post
                  Wall Street loves her and so does K Street. It wouldn't surprise me if the Koch Bros couldn't be swung her way. The election can be bought for a billion or so and eight years of Hillary will be worth trillions.
                  +1

They are all bought and sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

"I think the MSM has been digging up dirt on Trump but is holding back until he gets the nomination."

The MSM is the least trusted in their history. Trump appears to transcend criticism and has persuasion skills unseen till now.

I pray he doesn't get elected but if he gets the nomination he will be very competitive. He will get voters who have never voted.

In the Virginia primary 250,000 voted in the Republican primary in 2008; this year it was 1 million. Republican turnout is off the charts. Hillary is having the opposite effect in attracting voter turnout.

Comment

another line of adams', in some earlier post, is that with trump and hillary it's going to be a daddy vs mommy election. you can hear it already in hillary's lines: e.g we don't need to build walls but to make america whole again [one big happy family]. it's been a while since paris and san bernardino, but any terrorist action or military flare will redound to daddy's benefit.
                      Whether one likes it or not, "Make America Whole Again" just doesn't work as well as Trump's hat slogan.

It's Hillary's variation on Obama's "red states, blue states, United States" thing...but not as good.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Trump, considering he wants to win in everything he does, will shore up the part of the vote that is not only important this year, but also 4 years from now (the hispanic vote), and ask Rubio to be his VP candidate. My second guess is Kasaic. They each come from states which figure prominently in the delegates count. Choosing Rubio is the one way he can make peace with the establishment without truly giving in.

All of the anger back and forth between the two? No different than the barely contained contempt Hillary shows for Sanders. It's all water under the bridge when it comes to the general election.

Christie is an attorney general pick, and not more. I think Trump would see that Christie as VP would be a drag on his momentum, and he did not need Christie's endorsement that bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X