Anyone care to comment on these two reports? Given the source, I don't know if they're significant, hyperbole or downright false. I'm trying to understand this stuff better.

One report says that in Q1 2015, JPM's holdings in the Commodities derivatives markets suddenly climbed to 96%:
... based on the OCC's derivative update, JPM had literally cornered the commodity derivatives complex, when from "just" $226 billion in total Commodity exposure, JPM's notional soared by 1,690% in one quarter to $4 trillion, or about 96% of total.

The other report says that in the same quarter, Citigroup cornered the PM market:
Here is the chart showing Citigroup's Precious Metals (mostly silver now that gold is lumped in with FX), exposure over the past 4 years. Of note: the 1260% increase in Precious Metals derivative holdings in the past quarter, from just $3.9 billion to $53 billion!

I'm such an ignoramous when it comes to things like derivatives and currency pegs, and the effect they have on other things. So much data, the significance of which I don't know how to rank in "the big picture." Presentation of data can be manipulated to obscure the truth as much as to elucidate. How can I know what's real and what's false, what's important and what isn't?