Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pssst! Here's a Hot Tip... Oil is Going UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pssst! Here's a Hot Tip... Oil is Going UP!

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
    That's hilarious!
    thanyou, thanyouvermush...

and it cost 'only' 650bux to get the CV outfitted with new sneaks ms shiny! ?
    such a deal!
    (/sarc - the much smaller (?) snowtires on the subie were over 700, but they michelins with '40k mile wrrt' - which they WILL be seeing - at least - as i'll be runnin em like i typically do - til the glint of steel appears, as its simply too phreakin expensive these daze to have winter AND summer tires... never mind the 40bux they whack ya to switch em out every 6mos)

wondren if the CS = 'cop speed' rating?

Comment

Originally posted by lektrode View Post
      thanyou, thanyouvermush...

and it cost 'only' 650bux to get the CV outfitted with new sneaks ms shiny! ?
      such a deal!
      (/sarc - the much smaller (?) snowtires on the subie were over 700, but they michelins with '40k mile wrrt' - which they WILL be seeing - at least - as i'll be runnin em like i typically do - til the glint of steel appears, as its simply too phreakin expensive these daze to have winter AND summer tires... never mind the 40bux they whack ya to switch em out every 6mos)

wondren if the CS = 'cop speed' rating?
      Ha, ha. No. Those would be "V" speed-rated tires. Super expensive! The hard sidewalls let you corner at speed and jump curbs, but the tread wears out in half the time of a T-rated "passenger" tire. It's just incredible how expensive tires are; I shudder to think what they'll cost when oil shoots up.

This past week was like a crash course in tires, no pun intended. They come with speed ratings like T, H and V. There are summer, winter, all-season, passenger, touring, grand touring, ultra grand touring, performance, high performance, ultra high performance tires... You have to decipher the codes, then find out how a tire performs on your particular car. The Tire Rack and the crownvic.net forums are good resources about tires and the panther platform cars, respectively.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

They come with speed ratings like T, H and V. There are summer, winter, all-season, passenger, touring, grand touring, ultra grand touring, performance, high performance, ultra high performance
        Just like sneakers . . .

Comment

Originally posted by don View Post
          Just like sneakers . . .
          and 'trade wars'

As the China-U.S. Tire Battle Rolls On, American Consumers Pay More

Comment

Working...
          X