Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Must have been a big snowstorm...

Originally posted by EJ View Post

I am grateful that wherever I live physically in this world I will always live virtually with all of my iTulip friends here in this place we have created.
    I really appreciate iTulip as well. Thanks.

Comment

Re: Must have been a big snowstorm...

Originally posted by aaron View Post
      I really appreciate iTulip as well. Thanks.
      I as well.

Thank you EJ, for creating this space, and thanks also to all the excellent conversationalists who have contributed to the debates and discussions.

This truly is a place unlike any other I have discovered on the internet, or offline. Though my active participation waxes and wanes with the permissiveness of my schedule, I always appreciate the depth of thought, breadth of knowledge, and heartfelt caring that is found in this singular and diverse community.

Comment

The commuting covenant

Originally posted by EJ View Post
        "I sacrifice these days of my life in traffic for the good fortune to never shovel snow to get out of my driveway and shall bond with the other several thousand drivers around me who are making the same deal, although I shall honk at the more idiot among them on occasion."

In the Silicon Valley of the 90's , I think it was "I accept long commutes and sky high housing costs for a good job,
        fair weather, and hope of making money on the house when I sell it."

As a San Francisco area native, I find the Bay Area less and less acceptable over the decades, due to the increasing congestion. (San Francisco itself does not suffer from this problem, only parts of the Bay Area). The problem is that peoples attitudes and public policy never adapted to the reality of high population density. Few apartments are higher than 5 stories, and underground parking is still a rarity. If I was in charge, every apartment would be 20 stories high, with parking completely underneath it. Not to mention a large space devoted to single family dwellings. The amount of land area devoted to car parks is just absurd.

Comment

Working...
        X