Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Sweden says it will pursue a feminist foreign policy to counter macho Russian aggression …”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: “Sweden says it will pursue a feminist foreign policy to counter macho Russian aggression …”

It's quite strange really.

Maybe it's coincidence, maybe not, but in the last 50 years the most recognized national female leaders have all taken their countries to war:

Golda Meir(Israel)
    Margaret Thatcher(UK)
    Indira Gandhi(India)

All three authorized and led their nations thru extremely serious full scale conventional warfare operations(Yom Kippur War; Falklands; Indo-Pak War 1971).

All three authorized and led their nations thru extremely serious unconventional warfare operations(Op Wrath of God targeted assassinations; IRA targeted assassinations, training Khmer Rouge; Op Blue Star as well as support for LTTE insurgency in Sri Lanka)

I would call that geopolitical equality...at least in terms of use of force/violence/war in politics.

Comment

Re: “Sweden says it will pursue a feminist foreign policy to counter macho Russian aggression …”

altho i hesitate to comment here... the use of the line from stealers wheel brought back some good memories:

all i'll say ?

"only in america..."

Comment

Originally posted by lakedaemonian View Post

Maybe it's coincidence, maybe not, but in the last 50 years the most recognized national female leaders have all taken their countries to war:

Golda Meir(Israel)
        Margaret Thatcher(UK)
        Indira Gandhi(India)

All three authorized and led their nations thru extremely serious full scale conventional warfare operations(Yom Kippur War; Falklands; Indo-Pak War 1971).

All three authorized and led their nations thru extremely serious unconventional warfare operations(Op Wrath of God targeted assassinations; IRA targeted assassinations, training Khmer Rouge; Op Blue Star as well as support for LTTE insurgency in Sri Lanka)

I would call that geopolitical equality...at least in terms of use of force/violence/war in politics.
        Precisely. An easy point to understand for those who use at least 5% of their mental capacity
        Last edited by verdo; December 17, 2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by verdo View Post
          Precisely. An easy point to understand for those who use at least 5% of their mental capacity
          Only 5%? You'd think with all the surplus blood flow you have available it would be at least 8 or 10?

Comment

Originally posted by lakedaemonian View Post

Golda Meir(Israel)
            Margaret Thatcher(UK)
            Indira Gandhi(India)
            You forgot:

Cleopatra (Egypt)
            Boudica (Iceni)
            Mavia (Tanukh)
            Elizabeth I (England)

I'm sure there's more, but for the sake of your argument let's add my four to your three to make seven female war leaders since 185 BC. How many male war leaders in the same period, do you think? How many male state leaders in the last 2200 years?

Yeah, really strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post
              You forgot:

Cleopatra (Egypt)
              Boudica (Iceni)
              Mavia (Tanukh)
              Elizabeth I (England)

I'm sure there's more, but for the sake of your argument let's add my four to your three to make seven female war leaders since 185 BC. How many male war leaders in the same period, do you think? How many male state leaders in the last 2200 years?

Yeah, really strange.
              Are you being intentionally facetious?

If you're implying there hasn't been enough female leaders through history, I would tend to agree.

But what is funny, and not in a facetious way, is a comparison of what proportion of female leaders have gone to war compared to what proportion of male leaders have gone to war.

The Female sample size may not exactly be huge, but the consistency of warfare conducted under their leadership is striking.

Anomaly? Perhaps.

But a rather strikingly consistent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post
                What's laughably ridiculous is a fat, happy and rich white guy sitting in the comfort and safety of home (presumably the good ole USofA) while millions of dead female war victims lie under the Earth, their last moments spent in terror as they are raped and mutilated by soldiers of whatever army rolled over them. You've pushed out plenty of turds in the past but this one is big enough to have a pulse.
                Spare me the sententious tripe. There is reason why after WII American soldiers in Germany were chased by German women shortly after WII ( my father who was stationed there shortly after the Korean war telling me so first hand unlike your hand picked second hand information proving its cold without mentioning its December , working the action on a binder like a librarian commando thyself. My God you call me an arm chair fatty and then hand me a book? Be sure in person I may to disabuse you of your cartooned caricature of me, but then that would verify a fact . You'd never act this way bumping shopping carts, but you sure can over a wire like Mars, the god of war...oh pardon me I mean Athena.

http://www.res.org.uk/details/mediab...R-GERMANY.html
                Their study looks at the experience of Germany shortly after the Second World War, where there were only two men for every three women in the 20-40 age group, as a result of military casualties and soldiers being missing in action or prisoners of war (POWs). At the same time, the share of children born out of wedlock, which had been less than 10% before the war, had risen to more than 16%.

In war, all through history the men were dead and the women raped. I fail to see the how the balance falls to one sex or another. The rape of women in war is not even remotely against women. Its a war against a people and neither men , women or children are typically allowed to retain humanity. If anything the women are most likely to keep their lives if nothing else. .

Consider the conduct of the good guys in the good war:

It wasn't just the defeated; the liberated experienced a similar fate.

Next time you want to squeeze another one these, do us a favor and flush before you leave. And do wash your hands, please.
                And again the men were dead.

Name one head of state that did not use her military with enthusiasm. Cleopatra? Zenobia? Bloody Mary? Indira Gandhi? Margaret Thatcher? Golda Meir? Catherine the Great? Anyone? Let alone that women are the majority in this country. especially in the demographic both allowed and inclined to vote, but they just keep not electing female pacifists for some reason and instead elect no man I have ever even remotely considered worthy. The men may be caught killing, but just as often its the woman that wears the fur.

Comment

The real war on women:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...ith-militants/

Comment

VT, be a mensch and let the thread die, already.

Comment

Sure, you've posted 7 times in the thread in the last two days and now you want to shut off reasonable discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by vt View Post
                        Sure, you've posted 7 times in the thread in the last two days and now you want to shut off reasonable discussion?
                        He doesn't want reasonable discussion. Modern western feminism is immune from critique in his view. Question it, and you're automatically a woman hater...even if you've shown preferential support for women in power like Elizabeth Warren over right wing men like Rand Paul, on a website that is almost completely made up of Libertarian men. The easy route, and the path of least resistance is to simply state/imply that the people debating against you hate women or are afraid of them. Requires little thought or deliberation, which is why he chooses it consistently

Comment

Originally posted by verdo View Post
                          He doesn't want reasonable discussion...Requires little thought or deliberation, which is why he chooses it consistently
                          Okay, have it your way. Too many Cuba Libres and ańo nuevo en Cuba toasts today to give a damn about your reasonable discussions. Time for bed.

Comment

Working...
                          X