Mega's next car........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega's next car........

As some of you know i work for the Miltally industrail complex these days......"Fightclub" is 45 mins away from me & i need to replace my aging Skoda vRS Turbo (4 door mark 4 Golf GTI).

Now, i need some thoughts on where Gas is going in the next 5 years or so. My thoughts are that i require a "Mini-Mustang" than than a V8. Ford (bless them) are about to produce a warm version of the Fiesta.

Its powered by Fords new 3 cyinder 1 lite (999 cc) turbo engine:-

Draw backs?

Its only made with a Mustang Red/black pliant work or a SILLY Black version with lipstick on it!
    Drum rear brakes
    5 speed box not 6
    Not that cheap...............

Your thoughts?
    Mike

Re: Mega's next car........

Mind you i do LIKE the Mustang GREY colour!

Comment

I hate Ford.

In addition to fuel costs you also have to factor in things like warranties and total cost of ownership, including insurance. A tiny, fuel-efficient car that damages easily and is prone to expensive repairs can cost you so much more in insurance that it costs you more over 5 years than a larger, less fuel efficient car that is more robust. Found this out after buying a Hyundai Accent. Turns out a larger Honda CRV would have been cheaper and safer in the long run. That said, the Accent is a much better car than the equivalent Ford Focus, with twice the warranty for less money.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Why don't you like Ford?

CM is getting KILLED here in the press because they had to tell all the Corsa (sub compact) owners to STOP driving them right now!............Seems the steering racks are at fault & you could lose control of the CAR !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What/who is CM?

I've known a lot of people who've owned Fords and I've had several. The old joke is FORD stands for Fix Or Repair Daily. Thinking about it, I don't actually hate all Fords. The LTD Crown Vic was one of the greatest cars ever made. Miss mine. But even that had Ford's shoddy electronics. The motors and switches in the windows and door locks always caused problems. Windows got stuck up, or down, or halfway. Electronic door locks would break so you'd have to reach across the back seat to open them from the inside. It's a common complaint among Ford owners.

Overly complex engines with bad designs. With our Taurus, replacing a $20 part would cost at least $250 in labor because the mechanic would have to remove half the engine to get to the part. We never got out of the shop for less than $300 even for minor repairs. And something was always breaking in that car. Total lemon! We actually saw a Taurus identical to ours cruising down an L.A. freeway with a giant plastic lemon strapped to its roof.

Go to Edmunds and do some comparisons.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

CM...........Sorry GM

88% of GM sales are to fleet operators..........in other words almost no one "Buys" a GM car, they get given them!

Also The Germans have gone after GM market for mid range cars BIG time!

Audi A3, Merc A class, BMW 1 series...........or a GM (Vauxhall) up your driveway?......no brainer!
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X