Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control the language and you control the mind

Best read slow.
    As is pretty common these days, the genesis for this article was a conversation between Mrs. Cog and me regarding word and phrase definitions within a larger discussion about perception and understanding. In essence the question was this; how do you think outside the box when your language and belief system have you trapped within? While I am most definitely sympathetic when someone protests “It simply never occurred to me……” ultimately only slaves are not responsible for the language they use and the thought boxes they keep.Precisely what is it you think you ‘know’ for certain? Exactly what ‘knowledge’ do you possess which is of such certainty and veracity that it need never be seriously questioned or examined? Ultimately if something never occurred to me it is simply because I decided the softer easier way forward was to participate in groupthink and not question my ‘reality’. I alone am responsible for my curiosity quotient or lack thereof.Since better answers do not come without asking better or different questions, there is no one else to blame for our ignorance but us. Just because I have been trained and conditioned to ‘believe’, rather than to think, doesn’t mean I am incapable of thinking. What it does mean is I simply do not wish to be curious beyond the comforting confines of my own thought walls. Ultimately I am mentally sated and lazy when I accept not only these externally imposed cognitive limitations as mine, but then convince myself I am essentially content and need do no more when the lie, and my inner voice, says otherwise.Knowledge, information, propaganda and belief, while all distinctly different words with dissimilar meanings, are often conflated to mean nearly the same thing. Or more accurately, the meanings and definitions are blurred, combined and contrived in order to create a controlling thought meme that is skillfully separated from reality and ‘truth’. Herein is the problem as I see it, or at least a major issue that greatly contributes to groupthink, the hive mind and ultimately the sacrifice of the ‘self’.

http://twoicefloes.com/control-the-l...trol-the-mind/

Re: Control the language and you control the mind

I will say that I agree with 'Cognitive Dissonance'...and state that I am satisfactorily occupied in self examination, which does not prevent me from examining things outside myself.

I also enjoy the deceptions I choose to live within.

Comment

Are we talking about relationships

(my wife controls the language around here. don't overlook framing the argument through omission, of which she is a master . . .)

Comment

Originally posted by don View Post
        Are we talking about relationships

(my wife controls the language around here. don't overlook framing the argument through omission, of which she is a master . . .)
        ha!
        aint that the truth...
        and most of the time, it ISNT what she sez, its what she DOESNT say (thats ultimately the point of the matter - and why being clairvoyant is a requirement... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
          Enjoy.

I would go further, there are different levels of deception. There is your own, your family, your relatives, your city, your country and on and on. The World is a Deception, which Gautama Buddha basically taught.

The word 'Buddha' is a title, which means 'one who is awake' — in the sense of having 'woken up to reality'.

Comment

Working...
          X