It's "From" the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's "From" the USA

This was forwarded to me by my sister. I'd rant and rave but it needs no commentary, in my opinion.

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140213182702-48342529-when-you-buy-chicken-it-could-be-from-china-without-a-label?trk=tod-home-art-list-small_1

Re: It's "From" the USA

So, what is worth eating now?

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
      So, what is worth eating now?
      Fresh fruits and vegetable from the USA.

Comment

I'm finding DIY is too time consuming while trying to stay moving forward with work/career/business/family.....and now I have to raise chickens, too, since I can't trust what the gubmint is telling me?

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it is just "too much snow/winter" doing this to me.

Comment

I believe this is only for processed chicken. If you buy whole chickens or raw chicken parts, you should be okay. Just avoid chicken nuggets or at least read the packaging very carefully.

There are other Chinese foodstuffs that are quite prevalent in the U.S. Apple juice or any products containing apple juice are likely to have come from apples grown in China. I do not consume any foodstuffs that contain apple juice.

A lot of the inexpensive garlic in the supermarkets is also from China. For garlic, make sure you buy the more expensive cloves which are usually from Gilmore, California. That garlic is stronger and you get the general peace of mind that it's probably real and untainted.

Finally, a lot of mushrooms in jars (button mushrooms) now contain mushrooms from China.

Comment

Perhaps not always a simple heuristic: eat local whenever possible.

Comment

Working...
            X