Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Pot

Now I've heard everything. The Panopticon, the all seeing eye, is shocked, shocked that his private conversations are being monitored.

State Department Confirms Authenticity Of Intercepted Ukraine Phone Call: Accuses Russia Of Dirty Tricks

[I]n the tried and true fashion of assigning blame elsewhere, the world learned that it was really all Russia's fault and the released intercept was a "new low of Russian tradecraft." She added that there are moments "in every diplomatic relationship" when you disagree, Psaki says. But the absolute punchline: "It’s concerning that private conversation was recorded."

Re: Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Pot

i loved this story. especially the undersecretary of state saying "f**k the eu!"

and, btw, you'd think that someone high up in the state department would assume that any phone line going into ukraine was bugged. either the state dep't has some unrealistic idea of the strength of its encrypted voice technology, or they knew they were talking on a clear line. either way, it's rather shocking! not that russia was listening, but that the u.s. folks were so incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
      i loved this story. especially the undersecretary of state saying "f**k the eu!"

and, btw, you'd think that someone high up in the state department would assume that any phone line going into ukraine was bugged. either the state dep't has some unrealistic idea of the strength of its encrypted voice technology, or they knew they were talking on a clear line. either way, it's rather shocking! not that russia was listening, but that the u.s. folks were so incompetent.
      I once did business with Disney in Orlando and was backstage behind the magic stagecraft.
      I saw a guy who played the Pluto character on the back lot, in costume.
      He was carrying that big smiling plush head under his arm, smoking a cigarette, wearing a scowl.
      It must be hard to keep up that appearance of polite cheerfulness at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
        it's rather shocking! not that russia was listening, but that the u.s. folks were so incompetent.
        In a word, hubris . . .

Comment

Working...
        X