Sore Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore Eyes

Spent TOO long in front of this PC, am now trying to limted my time on the computer to just 3 hours a day............will let you know how it goes.

Mike

Re: Sore Eyes

Originally posted by Mega View Post
    Spent TOO long in front of this PC, am now trying to limted my time on the computer to just 3 hours a day............will let you know how it goes.
    eye hear that, mr mike - am suffrin same syndrome = lack of anything else better to do?

tween that and making a 'phase change' in my line of work (and waiting on the white stuff to start falling) must admit to putting in a wee bit more time here than prudent (that and my other 1/2 getting concerned about my... uhh... distraction, IYKWIM)

but hey!

at least the one liners/commentary are good...
    (and Mr J, et al, keeps us coming back for more)

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post

Mike
      turn down your display brightness to the minimum at which you can comfortably read. Does wonders to reduce eye strain and headache for me.
      engineer with little (or even no) economic insight

Comment

Can't thank you enough Frank...........i found the brightness was set at 67, running at 25 now things very much better.
        Mike

Comment

thats kinda funny - had mine set about same (appx 70%) and turning it down seemed to make it harder to focus (me eyeballs) - altho i have noted that my ability to focus in low light has been degrading the past few years, it seems to be easier on mine to have the screen brighter - is it better to have a dimmer screen in less-lit rooms, i wonder? (yes, thats a question)

Comment

Originally posted by lektrode View Post
            thats kinda funny - had mine set about same (appx 70%) and turning it down seemed to make it harder to focus (me eyeballs) - altho i have noted that my ability to focus in low light has been degrading the past few years, it seems to be easier on mine to have the screen brighter - is it better to have a dimmer screen in less-lit rooms, i wonder? (yes, thats a question)
            Generally, yes, lower screen brightness is easier on the eyes in dark rooms. You can also tweak the font and background colors on your screen. Try a black or dark gray background with white, light grey or yellow fonts. All you can do is try different setups in different conditions and see what works best for you.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

thanks ms shiny! and frank
              i dont usually spend much time anymore, messing about with me windaz (am sick n phreakin tired of learning/re-learning 'new' stuff on 'putas - every phreakin time they decide we need to 'upgrade' and THEN theres my new iphone.... grrrrrrrr.....)

;)

Comment

I know the feeling.

About two weeks ago I was running a simulator that has a screen about 60 feet wide and about 20 feet high for 9 days, all day, every day.

It made me feel pretty lousy.

Comment

Working...
                X