Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's Andrew Jackson when you need him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Andrew Jackson when you need him?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Andrew Jackson quotations:

"The mischief springs from the power which the monied interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges which they have succeeded in obtaining...and unless you become more watchful in your states and check this spirit of monopoly and thirst for exclusive privileges you will in the end find that the most important powers of government have been given or bartered away…."

"Gentlemen! I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out!"

"Elevate those guns a little lower."

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it."

"It is a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word."

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Working...
X