Israelis: "Did we cry wolf too early?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israelis: "Did we cry wolf too early?"

I nailed this months ago during the latest Israeli propaganda campaign (US election edition)

The Shitty Little Country that Cried Wolf - Aesop and I are loving this.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/2...r-program.html

"Previous assessments were built on a set of data that has since shifted," said one Israeli intelligence officer, who spoke to McClatchy only on the condition that he not be identified. He said that in addition to a series of "mishaps" that interrupted work at Iran’s nuclear facilities, Iranian officials appeared to have slowed the program on their own.
    "We can’t attribute the delays in Iran’s nuclear program to accidents and sabotage alone," he said. "There has not been the run towards a nuclear bomb that some people feared. There is a deliberate slowing on their end."

[..]

Writing in Israel’s Hebrew-language daily newspaper Yediot Ahronot, military correspondent Alex Fishman said, "Officials responsible for assessing the state of the Iranian nuclear program, both in the West and in the International Atomic Energy Agency, believe that while the Iranians have continued to pursue their nuclear program, they have been doing so cautiously and slowly, making sure not to cross the point of no return."

For at least year running up to Election 2012, Israeli propagandists (in public and in private conversations) claimed the Iranians had already crossed the point of no return.

Re: Israelis: "Did we cry wolf too early?"

I don't know why this posted in EJ's quick comments, I meant to post in Rants and Raves. How the heck am I able to start a new thread in EJ's section of the forum anyways? Glitch!

Comment

Working...
    X